• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

'llWho else thinks it's time to get off social media platforms and other electronic forms of communication?

Saying privacy doesn't matter because you have nothing to hide is kind of like saying free speech doesn't matter at all just because you have nothing to say. I suppose you won't mind DM'ing me your online banking username and password then...

Unless he has nothing to spend. :)

If you ain't on the list, you are doing it wrong.
It don't take much nowadays with the leftist cult government. Have you seen what they're doing to the January 6 detainees up in the DC Gulag?

Saying privacy doesn't matter because you have nothing to hide is kind of like saying free speech doesn't matter at all just because you have nothing to say. I suppose you won't mind DM'ing me your online banking username and password then...
I think there may be a flaw in your logic here. The two are not necessarily linked. In many cases, a reasonable expectation of privacy is not a right, it is a privilege. When you are in public, you may not have that privilege. The same holds true for public forums online. That's why they invented camera covers and VPN's.

it's kind of too late.
we have been laying the groundwork since the yellow pages went white...

phones? yes time to dump the cell.
GPS? who needs it when you have a map.
Credit card tracking? just CARRY lots of cash.

hard not to leave footprints when we have been standing in wet concrete for this long.

there are ways to stay under the radar and off the big bro cameras....
But it is going to get harder..
licence plate readers, store cameras, online purchasing...

the wolf got in a long time ago by telling us "it is" a cute puppy.

IF you can't hide from them just confuse the hell out of them and live righteous.

I can't imagine this website is any more secure from prying federal eyes than any other. No offense to the ODT. I've already purged FB and others for the same reason. I have personal experience with cell phones not being secure. At one point in my job hunting after retiring for the military I was offered a job at a facility that does some spook stuff. If you have ever seen the movie "Enemy of the State" and the faraday cage room Gene Hackman had, this company had one of these. They also explained that they had electronics which snooped the airwaves looking for cell phone conversations around the world and feeding them to other agencies for dictation, translation and threat assessment.

Hard to believe we have to revert to snail mail or homing pigeons.
I hate to say it, but most of us have know this for decades.

Back
Top Bottom