• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Liberty gives access to their safes but there are no back door master codes

A Liberty Safe has a Securam lock if digital. The one I'm speaking of in this post is the prologic. These locks have a serial number that is tied to the safes serial when built. Liberty records this combo of safe serial to lock installed and program thier code at "User 00". However, these locks can be purchased separately regardless of safe manufacturer. Hired a certified Liberty locksmith, who says he is slammed right now bc of this. There are two codes in these digital locks. User 00 and User 01. User 01 is the user code that is setup upon delivery of these safes. That is YOUR code to access the safe. When he arrived, he called the manufacturer of the lock mechanism, provided the lock SN and received the master code. We then proceeded to be walked through a factory reset procedure that removes the code for User 00. It also removes User 01 code. So you have a net new lock now. This was then programed with a new User 00 and User 01 code which in essence removes the Liberty code that was set by them upon build. DONE. Costs 150 bucks to get that service and have "some" peace of mind at the end of the day. Just my experience as of this week.

A Liberty Safe has a Securam lock if digital. The one I'm speaking of in this post is the prologic. These locks have a serial number that is tied to the safes serial when built. Liberty records this combo of safe serial to lock installed and program thier code at "User 00". However, these locks can be purchased separately regardless of safe manufacturer. Hired a certified Liberty locksmith, who says he is slammed right now bc of this. There are two codes in these digital locks. User 00 and User 01. User 01 is the user code that is setup upon delivery of these safes. That is YOUR code to access the safe. When he arrived, he called the manufacturer of the lock mechanism, provided the lock SN and received the master code. We then proceeded to be walked through a factory reset procedure that removes the code for User 00. It also removes User 01 code. So you have a net new lock now. This was then programed with a new User 00 and User 01 code which in essence removes the Liberty code that was set by them upon build. DONE. Costs 150 bucks to get that service and have "some" peace of mind at the end of the day. Just my experience as of this week.

I’m honestly not trying to be a dick…. What did you really accomplish?

For those who don't know the story, some guy just got arrested for J6, and Liberty provided the Feebees with access to his safe. Their statement on Twitter is below, and you can read the rest on Twitter or Nitter.

Anyway just something to think about when purchasing a gun safe.

When a safe is purchased, there should be NO grants for entering a safe . A warrant can be obtained by falsified information . I can understand FBI wanting in a safe but Liberty shouldn’t be the way ….. I hope the company folds ; not protecting the Guilty but “Proving “ we ALL can be sold out
media%2FF5Tur8OaIAA9PWS.png

Waiting for the brutal boycott to force Liberty to cut their prices in half so I can vulture one. I might be waiting a while.

Back
Top Bottom