leupold or nikon

I have to agree on the new Leupys. In fact my most recent Leupy is sitting at corporate right now because of two issues.

If you are talking about lower end, then I would consider Nikon, Bushnell, or Vortex first. If you are talking higher end, then you have a ton of additional choices.

I have to agree on the new Leupys. In fact my most recent Leupy is sitting at corporate right now because of two issues.

If you are talking about lower end, then I would consider Nikon, Bushnell, or Vortex first. If you are talking higher end, then you have a ton of additional choices.

Lower end of fantastic quality?...I consider "lower end" as Tasco, Bushnell (non-elite), Simons, NC Star etc. I wouldn't call even the cheapest Nikons or Vortex "low end" scopes.

For the money, Nikon will give you fully multi-coated lenses, and one piece tubes for a lower price point. There's your winner. Both are wonderful scopes, but the Nikon glass and coatings seem to be a half a step ahead of Leupold.

I do prefer Leupold reticle options over the Nikon's though.

For the money, Nikon will give you fully multi-coated lenses, and one piece tubes for a lower price point. There's your winner. Both are wonderful scopes, but the Nikon glass and coatings seem to be a half a step ahead of Leupold.

I do prefer Leupold reticle options over the Nikon's though.

******mit, now everybody is going to start hating on nikons because you like them.

I picked up an older Nikon Monarch UCC 4-12x40 AO for a little over 100 bucks a couple of years ago at my local pawn shop...man I love that scope!

Back
Top Bottom