leupold or nikon

deerslayer69

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
9   0
Reaction score
Which is better for the money? I can buy a nikon for half the price of a leupold. So i was trying to get opinions on if its really worth the extra $ to buy a leupold.

How much money are you talking about spending ? If you get up in the 8-900 dollar range neither .. Leupold is not what it once was .. Once you get up that high go to snipeshide ,and pick up something nice used ..

I am a Nikon man. If you're not getting into stupid expensive territory that's what i'd go with. Got some Leupolds too and the nikons are clearer to me.

i have a few older Leupolds and I love them, I have had a couple of the lower priced Nikons and they were good too. But not as good as the "old" Leupolds. I agree, today's Leupold is not what they were 20 years ago.

I like the Nikon Buckmasters for my hunting rifles have several Got a couple of Leupolds as well and a Bushnell Elite too and prefer the Nikons for the money

I was a pro photographer for many years and I have a soft spot for Nikon Glass. I have Monarchs, Prostaffs, a Buckmaster and a couple of M223s. I've never been disappointed. I have some old Leupolds too and I've never been disappointed in them either. For what new Leupolds bring, I find myself more impressed with other offerings in that price range these days. I actually don't see the need to spend 1000 bucks on a rifle scope as long as Nikon keeps putting out the quality they do.

Back
Top Bottom