• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s play the “What is it?” game!

Are the two black lines above the gun's receiver and the one below it (that looks like a folding trigger) actually part of this gun?
Or are they hooks or rods that are used to mount the gun to a wall or display board?
They are the levers of the gun. It's matchlock. This one is a hard one. There is not much internet info on this one.

A matchlock pistol introduced (as a prototype) in the middle 20th century???

Well, I suppose stranger things have happened --didn't Cold Steel Inc. come out with a spear a couple years ago?

Who says that 10000 year old weapon didn't have room for another update?

A matchlock pistol introduced (as a prototype) in the middle 20th century???

Well, I suppose stranger things have happened --didn't Cold Steel Inc. come out with a spear a couple years ago?

Who says that 10000 year old weapon didn't have room for another update?
I give it to you on this one. It's a Japanese "national defense pistol". Online, I looked up WWII last ditch weapons and found the image of the matchlock pistol. Supposedly toward the end of the war, an attempt was made to engineer a simple handgun capable of being produced by local workshops on villages. I don't know much about it either but it was made to fire a few grains of black powder and the projectile was a 1/8" piece of barstock. You're up. This one was one that was out of nowhere searching down the rabbit hole.

I'm sure most will recognize this.
20211009_204153.jpg

Well, from memory I thought it was an "RPK" but a quick check of the internet showed I was wrong.
It doesn't look like that. It's a more modern design, called the PKM.

QUOTE:
The famous Mikhail Kalashnikov, designer of the AK rifles, designed the original PK machine gun in the 1960s, as a replacement for various other older machine guns. It entered service in 1961. In 1969, the improved PKM appeared. It was significantly lighter and was built to improved construction methods. Since then, several variants have been introduced. The abbreviation PKM stands for Pulemyot Kalashnikova Modernizirovannyi, Russian for Kalashnikov machine gun modernized.

1633831233909.png

I give it to you on this one... You're up.

Well, let's see. I think I have a pic I took personally with a rather unusual gun.
A modern design, 1970s, though few Americans heard of them until the late 1980s.
But it's pretty famous, even though few people have actually ever owned one.

Stand by...

Back
Top Bottom