• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s play the “What is it?” game!

Experimental Winchester SMG in 9mm
Yessir. A WINCHESTER. Submachinegun.

That's an unexpected, odd, combination.

This was developed in the middle 1950's in hopes that the NATO nations would adopt it and standardize on it, with many countries' armies all using it.

Didn't happen.

You are up.

D438FB93-7299-4860-9023-D0D2C694A674.jpeg

This one's got everybody stumped, it seems! It should be easy enough to find if you search for early lever action guns similar to a Spencer rifle.
Ths isn't a Spencer, but it looks a lot like one.

Evans repeating rifle. It is a hen's tooth as only 15k were made in Maine. It was one of the first mass produced firearms to be made in Maine and has the highest capacity for a rifle of the 1800s. It had a 28 round magazine in the stock and fired a propiretary .44 caliber cartridge.

Evans repeating rifle. It is a hen's tooth as only 15k were made in Maine. It was one of the first mass produced firearms to be made in Maine and has the highest capacity for a rifle of the 1800s. It had a 28 round magazine in the stock and fired a propiretary .44 caliber cartridge.

Yessir. You’re up.

I've got nothin' on this monstrosity.

It looks like a 20th century muzzleloading zip gun using a percussion cap ignition system that is designed to imitate the look of an old matchlock gun.

If it were genuinely a pistol made during the muzzle loading era, I don't think it would have such a large front sight.
Shooters of that time considered sights unnecessary, and they would just point the pistol by looking across the top of the barrel.

I've got nothin' on this monstrosity.

It looks like a 20th century muzzleloading zip gun using a percussion cap ignition system that is designed to imitate the look of an old matchlock gun.

If it were genuinely a pistol made during the muzzle loading era, I don't think it would have such a large front sight.
Shooters of that time considered sights unnecessary, and they would just point the pistol by looking across the top of the barrel.
The time period is right, however it is not a percussion gun but from the 20th century. Hint - it was a prototype never made into production during the 1940s.

Are the two black lines above the gun's receiver and the one below it (that looks like a folding trigger) actually part of this gun?
Or are they hooks or rods that are used to mount the gun to a wall or display board?

Back
Top Bottom