LEO Encounter

When I was active law enforcement, and if I pulled over someone for a clear violation who had what appeared to be a shotgun wrapped up on the back of a motorcycle as well as a clearly visible sidearm on their belt. That person was going to do what ever I needed them to do to insure that I WENT HOME AT THE END OF WATCH.
:suspicious:

Ok. I've kept my mouth shut throughout this thread. I've read where some have posted essentially refuse to turn over your weapon etc. At the end of the day, all Law enforcement officers want to do one thing. Go home to there family. ( Odd I know but just like you)
When I was active law enforcement, and if I pulled over someone for a clear violation who had what appeared to be a shotgun wrapped up on the back of a motorcycle as well as a clearly visible sidearm on their belt. That person was going to do what ever I needed them to do to insure that I WENT HOME AT THE END OF WATCH. I would be respectful, but until you show me that your not a threat to me or others. Im in control of the situation as well as your weapons.If you cannot understand that, perhaps you should not have a weapon in the 1st place.
I think the officer in this scenario handled the situation extremly well. Perhaps, even putting himself at risk. However, for those of you who are stupid enough to think that you should not comply with the officers instructions. You place yourself in what could very possibly be a justifiable shooting situation. Sorry, but this is the real world and not some macho Monday morning quaterback where you can say "this is what I would have done".

Interesting, so it seems you have no issue violating the 4th amendment; great to hear :thumb:

Ok. I've kept my mouth shut throughout this thread. I've read where some have posted essentially refuse to turn over your weapon etc. At the end of the day, all Law enforcement officers want to do one thing. Go home to there family. ( Odd I know but just like you)
When I was active law enforcement, and if I pulled over someone for a clear violation who had what appeared to be a shotgun wrapped up on the back of a motorcycle as well as a clearly visible sidearm on their belt. That person was going to do what ever I needed them to do to insure that I WENT HOME AT THE END OF WATCH. I would be respectful, but until you show me that your not a threat to me or others. Im in control of the situation as well as your weapons.If you cannot understand that, perhaps you should not have a weapon in the 1st place.
I think the officer in this scenario handled the situation extremly well. Perhaps, even putting himself at risk. However, for those of you who are stupid enough to think that you should not comply with the officers instructions. You place yourself in what could very possibly be a justifiable shooting situation. Sorry, but this is the real world and not some macho Monday morning quaterback where you can say "this is what I would have done".

If getting home at the end of your watch is your only concern, perhaps public service isn't for you. Maybe working at Walmart or the mall is better suited to your needs.

If getting home at the end of your watch is your only concern, perhaps public service isn't for you. Maybe working at Walmart or the mall is better suited to your needs.

Just a wild guess here but do you play call of duty and wear the imitation black dog tags.

Just a wild guess here but do you play call of duty and wear the imitation black dog tags.

Typical response.

I'm a medic in the army with an Iraq deployment under my belt, thanks. It would have been nice to tell my superiors and haji that my only concern was coming home alive and I didn't care what I had to do to ensure that. However, I had a job to do with risks that I accepted.

Your infantile retort only further confirms that perhaps public service isn't really for you.

Back
Top Bottom