• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Legal to mod a mak-90?

gregar

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
39   0
Reaction score
Morn’n ODT Brain Trust,
Wondering here, is it legal to replace or modify the thumbhole stock on a mak-90, into a more standard non-thumbhole stock?
Thanks all

You can convert it, but as others mentioned, you must stay compliant with 922r. You can't have more than 10 imported parts. That means you'll need to replace some Chinese parts with identical American made parts. You can go to the BATF website for a list of parts. From memory, some of them are:

Barrel
Receiver
Bolt
Bolt carrier
Operating rod
pistol grip
stock
forearm
trigger
muzzle device
magazine body
magazine follower
magazine base plate

Probably others that I've missed - it's been a while since I researched this.

In addition to the above, make sure its not a 3rd pin receiver. If so, it's illegal to own either way. Not common, but the only 3rd pins I've seen were thumbholes, that's why I mention this.

Daily reminder that all gun laws are unconstitutional and the feds have no right to tell you that you can't cut the sear slot in the carrier rail then proceed to drill the forbidden sear hole. Let alone tell you what furniture and pistol grip you can use. 922R compliance is cringe and American made AK furniture is kinda ugly, bro.

Ok. Thanks guys. to be clear on my end, modifying the factory stock to a non thumbhole configuration would be non 922 compliant and possibly illegal. Correct?

Back
Top Bottom