• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Left or right handed bow ?

I need to get to one of these archery shops to find out what arrows to use for practice, how to use the sights on them, proper stance etc., I've just never spent time with a bow in my adult life. Used recurve in Boy Scouts some but dang! That was when dinosaurs roamed !

i target practice with the same arrows i hunt with, and i use a field point the same weight a the broad head i use. dont forget to flex check your arrows and DON'T shoot groups....that's a great way to kill your arrows. i use a target that has multiple target points on it and shoot only one arrow at each.

I'm right handed at everything except Bows. Might want to check both right/left bows to see what fits you better. I used a right handed bow for years , never could be accurate. Changed to left and never looked back

That's nice! What do you stuff that target bag with? I was thinking hay bales with tarp etc., but don't want the mess.

That's nice! What do you stuff that target bag with? I was thinking hay bales with tarp etc., but don't want the mess.

i bought it from Bowhunters Supply Store in Carrollton, it's like $20 and it seems to be stuffed with rags or old tshirts or something similar.

I'm right handed at everything except Bows. Might want to check both right/left bows to see what fits you better. I used a right handed bow for years , never could be accurate. Changed to left and never looked back
^^ may be good advice ! Like I was saying in the previous posts...this one was given to me , he got it real cheap at a yard sale, didn't know it was a lefty til after the fact ! It seems natural to me !

another thing to consider is poundage and draw length, set it to what poundage you are comfortable with and make sure your draw length is right (with the release). i have mine set to 55#, 27.5" draw length, with a 385 grain total arrow weight getting 240 feet per second and still get a pass through.

Back
Top Bottom