• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Left or right handed bow ?

41mag

Wolf Icon Supporter
Shake, rattle & roll !
121   0
Reaction score
Ok archery gurus , this one may seem dumb to you guys but here ya go ....
I am left handed in writing, shooting a gun, scratching my butt, whatever.... But I throw a football right hand, catch left hand (baseball mitt) , etc...
What is a left handed bow and what is a right handed. If you hold the bow with right and pull string with left??? !!
Thanks....

which ever hand you pull the string with
pull with your left, its a left handed bow and the arrow should be on the inside of the riser

THANK YOU !!!! My brother brought me over a compound bow that he got at a yard sale and it is a lefty then , he only paid 20 for it but it's a Bear, nice bow. I've never had one so I am gonna try it out ! Needs a string tho. Got one on it just looks like it's had it. Any tips for a green horn bow user? Besides watch your forearm ?!

be sure to check the limbs real well for cracks......and the forearm thing is a mistake you wont make many times before you learn.....lol

Yeah I bet! I'm sure it hurts like heck! I've shot them before....just not to any degree. The ones I did shoot .....we'll just say I had to pay for the arrows !! Lol. I figured I'd take it to some one to string and let em check it over....if it is crap , ain't got much of nothing in it. It's a BEAR, BLACK BEAR model . Probably a lower end ? What can I expect to pay for restring ?

Take it to Randy Cooper at Nontypical Archery in Woodstock. 678-361-4106. He can inspect it for you and restring it. He will also give you all the tips and advice you could want and answer any questions you may have. I can't remember what he charges to restring, but his prices are pretty reasonable.

Never dry fire a bow. Check your back stop. Learn to use a lock-up point on your face or nose. This means to always pull the bow back to the exact same spot, every time. Consistency yields accuracy. String wax is your friend, but don't use it on your arrows. Shoot 30 shots every day for 6 weeks. Then shoot more. Good luck and enjoy!

Set target at 20yds and practice, practice, practice until you think you are going insane. Then back up to 30yds and repeat. Then 40yds etc. If you will be hunting from a stand you will need to practice from a stand of similar height to get the ranging correct.

Set target at 20yds and practice, practice, practice until you think you are going insane. Then back up to 30yds and repeat. Then 40yds etc. If you will be hunting from a stand you will need to practice from a stand of similar height to get the ranging correct.

and when you think you got it---Practice Practice some more

Back
Top Bottom