Laws/Regs on coyote hunting?

Mcbink

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been talking to someone I know who hunts coyotes and from what I have been told, not any laws really (seasons, limits, etc). You can hunt them on WMA properties as long as there is a season where firearms are permitted (ex. turkey season is in you must use a shotgun with turkey load or bird shot depending on the season in date and what you are allowed to use during that season). So I have the jist of it. What I would like to know is where do you find it in writing? I have been cruising the DNR web pages and can not seem to pull up anything. So if you could tell me where I can look to find the regs on coyote hunting maybe even a link if you just so happen to know exactly where to go. Just want to make sure I have everything covered before I take my first trip for coyotes. Thanks in advance, Caleb.

Look at the regs- they are online.
Private land is pretty much year round subject to local restrictions.
Public land is subject to more restrictions and dates. Wmas are a world apart on all the hunting regs.

From the dnr website:
Coyotes, Armadillos, Groundhogs, Beavers, Starlings, Pigeons & English Sparrows:
No closed season. No limit. Electronic calls may be used for hunting coyotes.

If you are going to hunt at night you may want to call and alert the, DNR WARDEN, and LOCAL POLICE, so if someone hears you shoot it will not escalate out of hand. It has always helped us when they showed up. Usually check your hunting license, ID, and they are gone.

Just a suggestion..................

Hey guys, I have been talking to someone I know who hunts coyotes and from what I have been told, not any laws really (seasons, limits, etc). You can hunt them on WMA properties as long as there is a season where firearms are permitted (ex. turkey season is in you must use a shotgun with turkey load or bird shot depending on the season in date and what you are allowed to use during that season). So I have the jist of it. What I would like to know is where do you find it in writing? I have been cruising the DNR web pages and can not seem to pull up anything. So if you could tell me where I can look to find the regs on coyote hunting maybe even a link if you just so happen to know exactly where to go. Just want to make sure I have everything covered before I take my first trip for coyotes. Thanks in advance, Caleb.
Maybe you have already done it, but here you can download the PDF version of the Georgia Hunting Regulations Guide

http://www.eregulations.com/georgia/hunting/

if you do a text search for 'coyote' you will find most of what you are looking for. Not the actual laws but it seems to be quite an official publication.

If you are going to hunt at night you may want to call and alert the, DNR WARDEN, and LOCAL POLICE, so if someone hears you shoot it will not escalate out of hand. It has always helped us when they showed up. Usually check your hunting license, ID, and they are gone.

Just a suggestion..................

I'm pretty sure night hunting is illegal on public land. Plus, there is no animals on the WMAs anyway. I went squirrel hunting on 3 different WMAs these past 2 weeks I didnt see anything that wasn't a bird from dawn to dusk

Back
Top Bottom