• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

LASIK eye surgery?

I had mine done back in 1999 by Dr woodhams of the Woodhams eye clinic. He was one of the pioneers of eye surgery in the US. Highly recommend him. Only drawbacks is higher sensitive to bright sunlight and starburst effect at night driving.
Would I do it again? Yes

I'm definitely interested in the input on this one.

I'm planning on having the procedure done next year. My only worry in all of it is that with some of the earlier procedures people were having to go back for adjustments which, as I understand, can only be done every 5 years.

I had the surgery about 2 years ago. My problem was age related where you need reading glasses for every thing closeup. My long range vision was still 20/15. They did the left eye for close up and left the right eye alone. I haven't used reading glasses since. I wish I did the right eye instead of the left. Handgun sights are in perfect focus with my left eye. The halo effect went away in 10 or 11 months.

Thanks guys I'm 27 and my eye doctor told me to wait till I was 40 for some reason. Then he suggested a set of those contacts that shape your eyes over night and they cost $2500.

Had mine done back in march of this year by dr harton in Rome ga. Cost around $4000. Had a real bad astigmatism in my right eye so I couldn't wear contacts anymore. Been wearing glasses since I was 11 years old and contacts since i was 18. 45 now. Best thing I ever did, wish I had done it years ago. 20/20 in both eyes. I was nearsighted. Couldn't see the 46 inch tv unless I was within 5 ft of it.

I'm planning on getting this done with in the next few years, my right eye has been getting progresively worse the past 3 years. Good to see people here have had good results. I've been looking for some long term studies on lasik but can't seem to find anything.

Back
Top Bottom