Laptop wont' fire up! HELP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrr888

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
240   0
Reaction score
My wife has a just about new Acer laptop and she came home from a birthday party pushed the power button and nothing. No charging light, no noises, nada. Googled around looking for a clue, tried a few basic things...anyone have a suggestion as to what to try or where to take this thing? I'm in woodstock and she needs this computer for work tomorrow. I hate dropping off electronics somewhere if I don't know who is looking at our info. HELP~~~~~!!!!!!

check the power connections to make sure everything is plugged in tight, even into the wall

Particularly the connection in the cord (at the block) as this can look connected even when it is not. Also, take the battery out for a few minutes and try replugging in. Lastly, and I know this sounds dumb but it happens, make sure you're not plugged in to a switched outlet (like for a lamp) that is turned off.

Just sat there on the end table...it was powered on but not plugged in, we thought it was just low battery but when plugged into multiple outlets nothing. No power indicator light on laptop but the light in the charger box is lit. Wiggled everything. Read online it could be a motherboard issue. Ugh

Last edited:
Pull the battery... then plug in with just the AC power block. If you have an external monitor plug that in. You've eliminated a drained battery and possibly a dead display. If neither work could be you motherboard , processor? No beeps? Dead... no disk sounds????

i also use the accer laptop..mine was doing the same thing..the power suppy cable was broke on the inside of the insulation..ordered one off amazon..not sure though if you have same problem..hope this helps

Pull the battery... then plug in with just the AC power block. If you have an external monitor plug that in. You've eliminated a drained battery and possibly a dead display. If neither work could be you motherboard , processor? No beeps? Dead... no disk sounds????

Did it. All but external monitor thing. I got no disk sounds, nada...She is P.O.ed and I need to take this thing somewhere. I think we got this one at Best Butt and don't remember getting any extended warranty or anything. Any suggestions as to who I should take this too?

It will be easier to let a shop check it.
If you are worried about them looking at files, stay till its completed.

1: check the wall outlet to be sure of power
2: volt meter to check the cord for power
3:check the power port for good connection
4: check battery, Im not 100 on this, but I think if its a bad battery it will draw more volt trying to recharge
and not allow the motherboard enough.
5: check motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom