Land Cruiser

Here is my 100 series, looked for about 6 months and found this one just outside of Knoxville, was owned by and older lady who bought it brand new in 1999 and kept it in the garage for 20 years. Had 92k miles when I bought it back in September and was bone stock. I have since added an Icon stage 3.5 2.5” lift 33” tires and 2018 tundra wheels. I have always been a Jeep guy and still own 2 wranglers but this Cruiser is starting to become my favorite vehicle to drive. These are some of the best automobiles ever built! Good luck with your searchView attachment 2420008

Man thats the kinda car people dream about, a little old lady never drove it sold it cheap. Thats like a fairy tale. LOL Very nice.

What made you go with the Icon vs the OME? Who did your suspension install?

Keep looking and just take your time. It's going to take some time to find budget friendly with, rearlocker, and timing belt docs. Just like the first gen Tundras, most of the ones I see don't have the timing belt done (everybody just skips it), so got to be ready to pay more for all of that, or buy a used cheap one and dump the $$$ in to get all the maintenance done. Good luck on the search, their great vehicles!!

Thanks. I thought I wanted a 99 with rear locker but now I think I'll be OK with a 2003ish with the 5 speed trans and ATRAC

Man thats the kinda car people dream about, a little old lady never drove it sold it cheap. Thats like a fairy tale. LOL Very nice.

What made you go with the Icon vs the OME? Who did your suspension install?

Lol, unfortunately it wasn’t cheap, her daughter sold it after she passed away and they did their research. It is in amazing condition though and was dealer maintained for 20 years.

I went with the Icon/Slinky kit because of the adjustability of the remote reservoir shocks, they ride like a dream. I have ridden in a few Hundys with OME suspension and The ride quality not that great, really stiff ride. I also went with the SPC upper control arms, diff drop, Trail-Taylor upper and lower rear adjustable control arms and sway bar links, Slee 1.25” spacers to clear the hubs for the Tundra wheels.

For all of my upgrades for the Cruiser as well as both my Wranglers we use Baker Off Road in Alpharetta. Sean is the best in the business and will treat you fair. He specializes in Jeeps but will work on anything and has built a lot of Landcruisers and GX’s.

Lol, unfortunately it wasn’t cheap, her daughter sold it after she passed away and they did their research. It is in amazing condition though and was dealer maintained for 20 years.

I went with the Icon/Slinky kit because of the adjustability of the remote reservoir shocks, they ride like a dream. I have ridden in a few Hundys with OME suspension and The ride quality not that great, really stiff ride. I also went with the SPC upper control arms, diff drop, Trail-Taylor upper and lower rear adjustable control arms and sway bar links, Slee 1.25” spacers to clear the hubs for the Tundra wheels.

For all of my upgrades for the Cruiser as well as both my Wranglers we use Baker Off Road in Alpharetta. Sean is the best in the business and will treat you fair. He specializes in Jeeps but will work on anything and has built a lot of Landcruisers and GX’s.

Eeks I can only imagine how much you had to pay if that was the case.

Where did you order your parts from? It seems like OME and maybe Ironman are the kits most people go to for like a budget friendly entry level kit but I have seen lots of recommendation for Icon. ACC which is a big Toyota shop in Atlanta recommends Icon. My goal is ARB front and rear bumpers, Slee sliders, SPC UCA, Slee diff drop and undecided on wheels. I was thinking OME for lift but I will look into Icon. Ultimately I just want a 2.5" lift. I don't know anything about lift kits or truck suspensions, never own a truck before only SUVs so the adjustability factor would be lost on me. At this stage I'm a set it and forget it kinda guy.

Eeks I can only imagine how much you had to pay if that was the case.

Where did you order your parts from? It seems like OME and maybe Ironman are the kits most people go to for like a budget friendly entry level kit but I have seen lots of recommendation for Icon. ACC which is a big Toyota shop in Atlanta recommends Icon. My goal is ARB front and rear bumpers, Slee sliders, SPC UCA, Slee diff drop and undecided on wheels. I was thinking OME for lift but I will look into Icon. Ultimately I just want a 2.5" lift. I don't know anything about lift kits or truck suspensions, never own a truck before only SUVs so the adjustability factor would be lost on me. At this stage I'm a set it and forget it kinda guy.

Yes, so when I bought my rig the first thing I did was took it to ACC for the timing belt 90K service and just a front to rear inspection from the experts at ACC. They will be my go to shop for maintenance and all mechanical related maintenance. Since the old lady didn’t drive it much the last few years they never had that service done so I was able to use that as a bargaining tool when negotiating the price. The owner of ACC Bryan is the one who made the recommendation of Icon for my lift. He says it’s the classic story of “buy once, cry once” if you plan on keeping the rig for a long time go with the better suspension the first time instead of doing it twice.

It sounds like you have a great mod list, I bought my lift parts from Treaty Oak Off-road, great guys to work with. I have an Ironman Front Bumper and Slee Rear bumper on the way. That will pretty much round out my build.

Wow, it was listed a little after 8 am this morning. 2004 or 05 in ATL for $11,500, 175,000 miles, dark grey, California car, driven cross country 2 times in last few months, timing belt done, had what looked like BFG K02's with plenty of meat, looked clean but seller said there were a few small cosmetic issues built into price.

Wow, it was listed a little after 8 am this morning. 2004 or 05 in ATL for $11,500, 175,000 miles, dark grey, California car, driven cross country 2 times in last few months, timing belt done, had what looked like BFG K02's with plenty of meat, looked clean but seller said there were a few small cosmetic issues built into price.

UGH! I shouldnt have asked for details. LOL!

Yeah that sounds like it was my unicorn, a charcoal grey, good miles, timing belt already done. LOL

Back
Top Bottom