• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Knife Pass Around- DPX HEST 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's on its way to Jbum... Here are our thoughts on it.

i sat in the back yard and let Abi cut, whittle, hack, and chop to her hearts content. She has a small Buck fixed blade roughly the same size, but skeletonize handle. She loved the HEST said it fit her hand perfectly and "felt better" than other knives she has experience with.

The he quality is there without a doubt. I got a call from a friend who dropped a late in the day deer and asked for some help. Bingo Bango a chance to test on flesh (since I, unlike NWS, do not enjoy cutting the **** out of myself).

5 minutes in I came to appreciate the little finger hook we have all wondered about. When cutting with a pulling action it gave a bit more grip and pull. The edge was decent when I received the knife, and I didn't see a need to do anything to it. The knife performed admirably. I would say for general usage in its price point, it is a quality blade. After a good cleaning, Christmas Day I used it to cut assorted toys out of boxes, wire ties, and the sort. After it's previous torture test, I figured it had enough to test its strength and was content it will hold up. Overall it's a really nice knife, and I want to thank Klarktx for the chance to check it out!

Great job Shrek. Love to know it was doing a little gutting.

Something I'm interested in , and maybe Jbum can oblige, Is the condition of the handle. It's ability to clean up vs stain from hard use. Maybe a pic or two.

I don't have much fear the blade will stand most duties, but curious about the handle and screws.

Keep it up. Love it

Great job Shrek. Love to know it was doing a little gutting.

Something I'm interested in , and maybe Jbum can oblige, Is the condition of the handle. It's ability to clean up vs stain from hard use. Maybe a pic or two.

I don't have much fear the blade will stand most duties, but curious about the handle and screws.

Keep it up. Love it

I didn't even think to photo the grip panels, they are slightly darker but not overly discolored. They cleaned better than other grips I have on knives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom