kill the hens!!!

The population is still down is what they are saying. I see more turkeys then deer.
I think if we did a late year mixed sex hunt like alot of states. Like 1 hen and 1tom during the late season it would help. I hate freezing from march to thanksgiving. I'd take a hen late season and let it be at that. Im not seeing a great big tom population tho. Alot of Jake's but I think thats what alot of people are taking.

Ill be out regardless..

I planned my wedding to be right in middle between deer and Turkey season. Plus trout season. Then crappie start running so that was a no to late march april may. I put that out there of all the months it couldn't be. Lol
my idiot uncle got talked into opening day bow season half the family didn't show up and she didn't know why. Ahhh duhhh. Its one of the best 3 days of the year. Opening day bow season, opening day turkey season, and opening day trout season.

I bow hunt on my grandparents property because its too close to roads/closest neighbor and my little herd that I pick from currently has twelve hens and after last year five full grown toms. the hens get a little closer than the toms and I would love to just take one or two out and they are all nice and plump ladies lol.

I eat one last year. I have a soccer park across from my house and those idiots fly up and down the road. Lady in a mini van hit 2 in my group. I was totally passed. One was ran over and the other hit the hood. Couldn't let it go to waste.
I dont hunt the ones at the house there's only about 10 to 12 or so in the group. I like to get out on the porch and play around with the calls and see how they react.
Their super fat from all the corn I feed'em every once in awhile they'll get about 6feet from me and Ill take chasing them in the yard. All they can do is wobble. Its funny ill stop and they'll stop all looking around like what's this idiot doing.

There's no sound reason why from a management standpoint. It's more like the situation with deer hunters wanting an overpopulation of deer so they see something the few times they go.

Back
Top Bottom