• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Kel tec SUB 2000 9mm Glock mags

I have never seen one of these, so this is a Kel tec rifle that uses a glock 9mm mag? They seem to be inexpensive also...

Yes, they also have models that use Beretta, S&W, & Sig mags. I believe.

With Glock mags. being so plentiful I would imagine that model is they're biggest seller.
As with any pistol carbine, hit potential at longer distances, say 50-150 yds., that are more difficult with a pistol as well as less effective due to lower f.p.s. rounds are almost effortless with a carbine. I'm a little surprised you don't see more of this style weapon in highly populated urban environments where collateral damage is a greater risk with high powered rifle rounds.

While still concerned with durabilty & "ruggedness" on this product, I have been looking at low cost long-gun options to keep in multiple vehicles instead of a $1500-$2000 M-4 that would be harder to replace.

You gotta love the ammo/magazine compatiblity.

Last edited:
I have a pair of the sub2k in glock 17 grip and love them. Surprisingly accurate for folding plastic sights out to 200 yards. When folded, they can fit in a briefcase or pizza box! They have gotten hard to find without paying a premium.

Also, if anybody has an interest, I still have a 4 rail system NITB for sale for $115.

i52.tinypic.com_ms2khj.jpg

Doesn't interfer with folding
i55.tinypic.com_2vryc6c.jpg

Yes, they also have models that use Beretta, S&W, & Sig mags. I believe.

With Glock mags. being so plentiful I would imagine that model is they're biggest seller.
As with any pistol carbine, hit potential at longer distances, say 50-150 yds., that are more difficult with a pistol as well as less effective due to lower f.p.s. rounds are almost effortless with a carbine. I'm a little surprised you don't see more of this style weapon in highly populated urban environments where collateral damage is a greater risk with high powered rifle rounds.

While still concerned with durabilty & "ruggedness" on this product, I have been looking at low cost long-gun options to keep in multiple vehicles instead of a $1500-$2000 M-4 that would be harder to replace.

You gotta love the ammo/magazine compatiblity.

The 9mm is harder to find and they aren't cheap any longer. Last year they were $299-319, this year $375-450...if you can find them!

As far as accuracy, you can consistantly hit pie plates at 100 yds and hit them at 200 yds by aiming about 18" high. YMMV

The one with the mounted mag holder now has about 3000 rds through it and the other has about 500 rds, with no malfunctions. If you look close at the first one, the previous owner had cut off the Kel tec sight and mounted a High Standard metal front sight. Looks like it came on it and is more rugged. Locks down when folded like thefactory sight.

And, BTW, with the sling on it and it is folded, it can hang under your arm pit under a wind breaker un-noticed!

Last edited:
The one with the mounted mag holder now has about 3000 rds through it and the other has about 500 rds, with no malfunctions. If you look close at the first one, the previous owner had cut off the Kel tec sight and mounted a High Standard metal front sight. Looks like it came on it and is more rugged. Locks down when folded like thefactory sight.

Yeah, I think I read your post about that mod. earlier & it makes sense.

I try to keep an open mind... I'm all about performance & reliability so I may have to hold onto this one for awhile.

These things are like HiPoints... too simple to break. I've got the hard-chrome version using the Glock mags and love it. I've added the buffer tube cover and have the extended pad on order, both to help improve the fit of the gun for me. I know I was looking for 6 months for the Hard Chrome/Glock version, and was pretty happy to get it at all. Very short supply on these...

Last edited:
Got the glock 22 mag .40 version.

Totally impressed for what it does.

It folds small enough to fit in a back pack but. I currently have it in a small laptop case....totally unassuming.

My 18 y/o daughter went shooting with me today for the first time ever.
I would have started her earlier but she never had any interest until now so I started her off small with my 1911 in .45 and she was hitting bullseyes at 25 yards with the first five shots.

We also shot the sub -2000 at the 25 yard range and after getting a feel for the sight picture, we were both carving out the bullseye effortlessly, almost too easy.
The fact that the sights are plastic and the rear sight folds back and forth and still maintains its sight picture when opened is beyond impressive.

Pros:
The trigger pull felt pretty decent once you get used to it.

The accuracy was incredible and very impressive.

Did I mention it folds?.....and is small?

It's all black!!!!!!

Easy to use once you get a feel for the sight picture.

Pretty easy to take apart and clean.

CONS:

Definitely could use a telescoping butt stock to get some more length......it almost reminds me of being up too close to the steering wheel of a short persons car.

Can really use a better cheek weld because it feels weird having to smash your cheek against a metal tube that is ratcheting the bolt back and forth resonating through your face.

Wish the entire plastic polymer was lightweight aluminum instead as it feels kinda flimsy when you fold it and notice that sometimes it wants to cock side to side where the front sight area locks into place.

Would love a bit of a padded butt stock as the plastic rubs you raw after a while.

Not too many cons.

One thing I noticed while cleaning is that the only problem I had, and I'm sure others have had this happen, is that once I removed the bolt from the rear I pulled the trigger while handling and caused the hammer to jump and lock forward thus making it impossible to slide the bolt back into place without bottoming out at the hammer.

The only way to get the hammer cocked back again is to fold the rifle back up and use a wooden or plastic dowel to force and lock the hammer back until it clicks.......don't panic, you will get it if you play with it enough but it's a tight space.

I used a plastic cleaning brush that I slid in from the front of the receiver and helped push it against the hammer by inserting my finger into the ejection port.
I fumbled around with it for a while until I heard that magic " click" sound...then I felt relieved and the bolt slid in nicely from the rear.
Make sure your ejector is facing to the right when inserting the bolt then insert the charging handle once it goes in far enough to see the hole it goes in then push the bolt from the rear with your thumb to overpower the spring loaded nub of the hammer to slide the bolt over it then it all goes in smooth.
Slide your spring in, push in the pin at the spring retainer and you're done.

Very cool carbine that I like so much I need to put one in every one of my vehicles get home bags.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom