• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

kel tec pf9 ; help please

i put 150 round through it today, it failed to fire and yes there was a dimple on the primer. one round the ejector falied to grab a spent casing from the barrell. ill keep at it and switch to some brass..i will repost after another trip , thanks everybody for the infomation .:D

i put 150 round through it today, it failed to fire and yes there was a dimple on the primer. one round the ejector falied to grab a spent casing from the barrell. ill keep at it and switch to some brass..i will repost after another trip , thanks everybody for the infomation .:D

Hmm, all steel or mixed? If it keeps it up after another 100 rounds I would then get concerned. As far as the misfire, I wouldn't worry, likely a bad round.

I feed my Kel-Tec the cheapest crap I can find, and it worked flawlessly from day 1. I *did* have a Kel-Tec p3AT that I had to "break-in," though.

PF9s can benefit from a "fluff and buff" which means cycling the slide around 100 times or so to smooth things out a bit. Tula can be underpowered so I would stick with brass factory loads for the break-in period so you can reduce the number of variables should problems persist. If those problems do not resolve, Keltec has good CS and they will take care of you.

do like everyone is saying and shoot the crap out of it. if you are still having problems, look up "fluff n buff" on either youtube or ktog. you should be fine after that. the only ammo i found that they do not like is the 147gr 9mm. they should eat up the regular 115gr stuff. don't get discouraged, this is just the nature of the beast when dealing with keltecs. they will work though.

Back
Top Bottom