• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

kel tec pf9 ; help please

slowrider

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
53   0
Reaction score
i purchased a pf9 at cherokee gun and pawn yesterday. i went to the range today and it failed to fire once, and failed to eject three times. i ve found out that i should polish the ramp. will this help? what kind of ammo do these pf9s like? will the failures get less as it breaks in?should i trade it? i would appreciate feedback, thank you

does a brass cartridge make a differance over a steel one? i had tulammo steel case and federal steel and brass..thanks for feedback

does a brass cartridge make a differance over a steel one? i had tulammo steel case and federal steel and brass..thanks for feedback

That may have been an issue being the gun is new. I've had issues with Federal before, but its a good pistol so keep working with it and it should be fine.

A failure to fire? Elaborate please. Did you pull the trigger and get nothing and no dimple on the primer, or was there a dimple on the primer, if the later one then I wouldn't claim it the fault of the pistol necessarily. As far as the FTEs, knowing how that platform can be, how much trigger time do you have on autoloaders? My first thought would be either new gun that needs to be oiled and broken in or that the shooter was limp wristing. Also, how many rounds did you put it down range? My guess, new gun that needs to be broken in, Kel tec has what a 200 round break in period? I wouldn't worry until you get a decent round count in it and if it is still choking then I would be worried.

As far as ammo for it, I would stick to brass cased and I am wanting to say they are tuned for 115gr or 124gr ammo, no +P in the gun.

Back
Top Bottom