• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Keeping in contact after shtf

Easy troop,
Was joking in the first part of the comment. I know the capabilities of the platform. But, until civilians all get AN/PSC-5D TAC/SAT or AN/PRC 151s at the minimum- which will never happen. You are talking about unsecured communications. I was looking at the topic from a different perspective of SHTF (wartime). My outlook was " If you start talking on a HAM radio you have just become a target."

As far as your idea on the air rifle it sounds pretty good. But, do they make an air rifle that has the power to take down a deer?
If they make one with those capabilities please put up a link. Because, I want one!

ok roger. did not read it from that perspective but more of a general shtf scenario which i think would be more of a country disintigration more than a foreign invasion. ham is just another tool and option. sure in wartime they could df on you etc. there are radios with rotationg freqs etc out there but those type of comms are for the most part unreachable for the average guy. however even in wartime with real ham hts you can step down the tx power on some units to 1/4 watt. use as tactical comm would still be prudent and possible. on the air rifle google big bore airguns or go to youtube and plug that in.. plenty of them out there up to fifty caliber that will easily take a deer. the one im getting is 9mm and has an 85 gr projectile at 900fps good for ten shots before recharge via pump.

Looks like they do make air rifles that will take down a deer. To bad they require a scuba tank to charge them to fire. Says you can use a hand pump. But, charging to 3000 psi with a hand pump doesn't sound like much fun.

Balistics aren't bad considering everything.

Ballistics .458cal 430 gr. LRN 732 fps

Range (yards) Muzzle 50 100 200 300 400 500
Velocity (fps) 732 714 696 662 630 600 570
Energy (ft.-lb.) 512 486 462 418 379 343 311
Trajectory (100 yd. zero) -1.5 7.8 0.0 -70.3 -219.9 -457.0 -790.6
Come Up in MOA -1.5 -14.9 0.0 33.6 70.0 109.1 151.0

http://www.quackenbushairguns.com/index.html

look for the korean guns. they are better for the money. hand pumping them is not bad considering you get twn shots out of the reservoir. not a gun for battle but an easy game getter and quiet...

ok roger. did not read it from that perspective but more of a general shtf scenario which i think would be more of a country disintigration more than a foreign invasion. ham is just another tool and option. sure in wartime they could df on you etc. there are radios with rotationg freqs etc out there but those type of comms are for the most part unreachable for the average guy. however even in wartime with real ham hts you can step down the tx power on some units to 1/4 watt. use as tactical comm would still be prudent and possible. on the air rifle google big bore airguns or go to youtube and plug that in.. plenty of them out there up to fifty caliber that will easily take a deer. the one im getting is 9mm and has an 85 gr projectile at 900fps good for ten shots before recharge via pump.

Yeah up until now I never even knew they existed. Pretty handy item to have. Good intel. Thanks man.

Back
Top Bottom