• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just traded for my first bow

womsterr

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
18   0
Reaction score
It an older Pearson Spoiler. Came with all the accessories like counter weight, sights, arrow rest, broadheads and field points, string trigger and case. I figured I can get my feet wet on the cheap and upgrade to a new bow if it goes well.

I need to get a new string for it. Any idea on a shop that can put a string on it for me and tune it up? Do bows even need to be tuned/greased? Should I just get a string for it myself? Paper work says the string length is 51" . Draw weight 60 at 29".

Am I ok to hunt with this setup or should I hang it up on the wall?

These are borrowed pictures found on the web of the same exact bow...

www.mcarterbrown.com_gallery_data_500_Picture_0084.jpg

www.mcarterbrown.com_gallery_data_500_Picture_0036.jpg

If it needs a new string then by all mean buy a new string. last thing you want is that thing snappin at full pull. You can change strings out yourself but it requires a bowpress (around $300-500) just find a local archery shop around you and ask around to see if they do good work; get them to change the string out, they will find a string to fit your bow. You should be good to head out with this, what is the draw weight and length?

you should be good to go once you get some arrows. if you aint lookin to spend an absolute fortune, get some Gold Tip XT hunters. i been shootin them for 2 years and love em. Once you get comfortable pullin 60 you may want to up your poundage, the older bows aint as fast as the newer ones and the deer can duck the arrow. Just try to get it as quiet as possible so they can't duck it.

im shootin about 62 with 29in. Mines a 08 Hoyt Katera shooting Gold Tip XT hunters with 100gr 2-blade bloodrunners at 290fps

thats a fair deal, make sure its a quality string tho. Im puttin on a winners choice or gettin mine crackerized after the season.

Back
Top Bottom