just mad

if needed are you willing to stand along side of me in front of the theater with a sign?

• yes

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • dont choose this one. i will spring for 5 buck pizza and cold water

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
The thing is we are always security, but you should be more surprised that you can buy a congressman, or any other politician. The Cop isn't enforcing special law by the business, all they want is for you to sit there and create a presence. Then if somebody starts acting out and break a legitimate law then you step in.

so- just to clarify- what happens if another call to serve the public comes in while a leo is "moonlighting", and they are the closest responder, but beholden by the businesses contract with the department to protect the business at that time? would the leo sit tight at the business, or is the leo allowed the lattitude to respond to the rest of their constituency while moonlighting?

there are lots of laws that are not just, and i understand that as a leo you cant always choose whats just over whats law. but as others have mentioned, there is something that unsettles me about privatization of government functions, like the aforementioned scenario.

there may be nothing illegal about moonlighting in uniform, and i must add that ive not met a bad cop in my limited experience- but the idea that someone with money (business or private citizen) can acquire more access to a government resource irks me. i understand not illegal- just doesnt jive with my idea of the country i love. public resources REPRESENT somehibg to the people. its not just a task to be completed. in America, government exists (in my hopeful mind) to level the playing field- to act as an intermediary between strong and weak, opressor and oppressed, poor and wealthy, etc. the APPEARANCE of a leo or other government function being purchased by ANYONE is contrary to my ethos. The appearance of a leo or any govt service favoring one entity over another, especially if the latter entity's needs suffer due to that prefernce, skews the publics sense of fairness, culminating in the "us and them" mindset that is ripping us apart when we should be joining hands more than ever. to sum up: to me, government is not just an entity, it is an idea that defines our society's cohesiveness regarding ethics and philosophy. i believe that appearance of nonbias is one o the ideas that unites us and makes us believe that there IS a level playing field in this country, and gives us hope to pursue life and liberty without fear. someone buying special access to the guardians of my freedom undermines my sense of equality, and thus undermines both my faith in the system entirely, and for some people, may become a reason that they withdraw from the rule of law, feeling it no longer serves them. thats my armchair analysis of todays societal breakdown.

i get why it happens. i get why a leo needs to take the gig. i get why the business wants it. soooo...my ethos conflicts with reality. i love my leos, but i hate the system that we have let our country drift into where special interets make the laws, and not whats in the best interest of the constituency.

what changes can we make to our society so everyone gets a seat at the table? honest question.

so
so far no sign, I will be calling them on Monday. may be time to order some pizza and grab a case of water. Friday night at the movies may get interesting :becky:

so
so far no sign, I will be calling them on Monday. may be time to order some pizza and grab a case of water. Friday night at the movies may get interesting :becky:

dont forget to post the address and time. will do my best to be there. hopefully they will have the respect to get the sign finished and posted. im grateful you have the conviction to get involved.

still in the phone call stage, he has "apparently" been on vacation. i left another message today, still polite but a little stronger. i hope they will comply, and if not i hope a to get a good showing when the time comes.
remember
just a few voices took down a flag and off limited target. we need to make sure our voice is heard. because if we all wait and pick "our" fight and not stand together.
WE WILL LOSE!

well it happened again, this time the cops showed up fast, but still late!
little policy info for ya. are you sure you wont stand outside with a sign?
media.breitbart.com_media_2015_07_grand_theatre_policy.jpg

well it happened again, this time the cops showed up fast, but still late!
little policy info for ya. are you sure you wont stand outside with a sign?
media.breitbart.com_media_2015_07_grand_theatre_policy.jpg
If the department okays it, and the city okays it and the state okays it then it's ok. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's wrong. Just like any other issue there will always be two sides.

Though you may but like gay marriage and think it's wrong, somebody thinks it's ok and the government did too. There are things that the government did that's worse then a cop working a side job. Which I think should be the primary focus of us. Not a guy trying to make ends meet.
There are lots of laws and government "ok's" but that doesn't make it right! Lots of crooked politicians writing crooked laws everyday.

Back
Top Bottom