• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Just got this 1968 Suburban and wondering does decent LS swaps at a reasonable price?

That thing is friggin cool!! I'd make it driver friendly and leave it alone (5 lug conversion with front disc, a 350 with period correct double humps and way too much cam, and depending on rear gear possibly a overdrive trans. But definitely a th350 at minimum. Oh, and A/C!!

I love it! Nice shape and very different.... :thumb:

Will be a lot of fun to work on and drive.

Personally I'd keep it original as much as possible, since that helps resale and is cooler too me. :cool:

If the 307 is out :(, then I'd suggest a carb'd V8 from the late 60s or early 70's paired to a TH350 or 400.

Also doing a similar (but much more $$$) swap right now in a '56 Nomad....
That Chris Alston chassis alone is $22K

View attachment 3516177

Dude...I could've made you a custom chassis for waaaay less than that. Send me a PM next time....:thumb:

Will build to your specs.... Just let me know so I can acquire the proper materials.

1632258127883.png

That screams LS swap a 6.0 with a matching trans and that ole beast will be a smooth mover. On the highway or in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pick up a donor gm suv. you can find hoe's,burbansand yukons cheap. find a roll over or crash out for a few k.
pull the drive train and add a stand alone harness. i just picked up a ls dbc,man trans stand alone out of Texas for 185 bucks shipped for the Vega. i will let you know how it looks when it gets in...
check c list and fb market place. for a cheep donor vehicle. the 5.3 i picked up for the Vega is out of a 01 1500 has a touch over 100k on it and i have $325 in it..
real cool project...love the 68 thru 72 body. i kinda want to put a 12 valve in one...maybe one day...

harness i go looks great. it says USA made but the box is china. pmed the guy on it,and he said made in china assembled in the USA. i call bull on that,but its real nice. good quality wire and oem/oem style connectors, plenty of lead to put the ecm under the dash and a long obd lead as well...
this is the link

Back
Top Bottom