I've done messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nat

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
211   0
Reaction score
I've bought, sold, & traded a little in my short 56yrs. & I've always tried to be as honest and straight forward concerning the trade or sale, ie. terms of transaction, condition of item,......a man's word is truly the only thing he has & strive to keep mine. I can honestly say I've never been involved in a ''bad'' sale or trade.
Then there's today. A young ODT member PM'd me this mornin', offering a trade on ammo I had posted. I accepted his offer around 0630 and went about the rest of the mornin', checking PM's every 45min. to hour. When I didn't hear anything, for a little over, 4 hours, (I assumed he was no longer interested) I accepted another offer on the same ammo. Then......
BAM!....DISH does one of it's ''what's this button'' reboots, (get 'em once, twice a week out here in the Co.),..... all kinds of new info & mail.....one of which was an 0830 PM from the young man, whom I accepted the trade offer earlier in the mornin'.
OOPS!, trade made ammo gone. Now I'm thinkin' I should have waited longer. Just the same I must apologize for this mix up.
So to Timmy C, I apologize & if you are willing I'd like to purchase your offer to me this mornin', if it's available. Hope this is acceptable to you.

God's speed,
Nat

Oops, indeed. Did you try to contact him before you made the other deal? If you didn't, you probably should have.

Anyway, it sounds like you are trying to do the right thing.

Let us know how it works out with Timmy C.

Impatient are we
I used to agree whole heartedly, until multiple times, an agreement was made, and I was stood up.

This in a good example of **** just not working out: I think the OP is trying to right the situation.

To the dude involved in the original deal, consider the OP's offer.

I think an explanation and an apology is reasonable.

It's not like we're trading places in line for life saving surgery in a socialized health care system. It's just some ammo. Hopefully, Timmy is a big enough man to see that you weren't trying to wrong him.

Oops, indeed. Did you try to contact him before you made the other deal? If you didn't, you probably should have.

Anyway, it sounds like you are trying to do the right thing.

Let us know how it works out with Timmy C.
I would have done this, too. Of course, it wouldn't have mattered b/c of your Dish issue but it would have showed you tried to contact him.
Hope all works out with seller/trader.

No worries bud. I understand completly
I've bought, sold, & traded a little in my short 56yrs. & I've always tried to be as honest and straight forward concerning the trade or sale, ie. terms of transaction, condition of item,......a man's word is truly the only thing he has & strive to keep mine. I can honestly say I've never been involved in a ''bad'' sale or trade.
Then there's today. A young ODT member PM'd me this mornin', offering a trade on ammo I had posted. I accepted his offer around 0630 and went about the rest of the mornin', checking PM's every 45min. to hour. When I didn't hear anything, for a little over, 4 hours, (I assumed he was no longer interested) I accepted another offer on the same ammo. Then......
BAM!....DISH does one of it's ''what's this button'' reboots, (get 'em once, twice a week out here in the Co.),..... all kinds of new info & mail.....one of which was an 0830 PM from the young man, whom I accepted the trade offer earlier in the mornin'.
OOPS!, trade made ammo gone. Now I'm thinkin' I should have waited longer. Just the same I must apologize for this mix up.
So to Timmy C, I apologize & if you are willing I'd like to purchase your offer to me this mornin', if it's available. Hope this is acceptable to you.

God's speed,
Nat

God's speed,
Nat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom