• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I've been seeing a LOT of Teslas on the road...

And a gas vehicle won't take 100 years to break down to a safe level for junking.
The only thing green about electric cars is the glow from that battery :p (though obviously it doesn't glow, until it catches fire and releases absurdly toxic fumes- that's if it doesn't lose containment and leech into the water supply first ).
I'll get an electric car when their batteries are safer.
Many Prius owners don't like knowing the 'carbon footprint' of their cars either.

Many Prius owners don't like knowing the 'carbon footprint' of their cars either.

Agreed, unless you buy a used one. Then it's as good as you can get for an internal combustion car. It even beats out VW's diesel polo in that regard.

Yeah I guess if you want to dump the guilt on the original purchaser that can work. ;)

The original purchaser assumes a lot of the environmental impact by purchasing a new car. Buying used is much more environmentally friendly. How do you think I justify a corvette? :)

The original purchaser assumes a lot of the environmental impact by purchasing a new car. Buying used is much more environmentally friendly. How do you think I justify a corvette? :)
If 'environmental concerns' had anything... at all.... to do with you purchasing a vette... well, I'm more disappointed in you than I previously thought. :p

If 'environmental concerns' had anything... at all.... to do with you purchasing a vette... well, I'm more disappointed in you than I previously thought. :p

I recycled it. :)
Actually that's a lot greener than buying a new car.

All fun & games until you need a battery swap.
Just sell it before it's 8 years old (that's the warranty on them). Can't imagine the typical Tesla buyer is going to have one anywhere near that long anyway. But yeah... the batteries aren't cheap! :dizzy:
I do love how they market them as "Save $600/month on gas!" Because you know... everyone spends $600 a month on gas and electricity is apparently "free". ;)

Just sell it before it's 8 years old (that's the warranty on them). Can't imagine the typical Tesla buyer is going to have one anywhere near that long anyway. But yeah... the batteries aren't cheap! :dizzy:
I do love how they market them as "Save $600/month on gas!" Because you know... everyone spends $600 a month on gas and electricity is apparently "free". ;)

Lots of people leasing the Leaf and Tesla for that reason. Not many buyers.

Back
Top Bottom