Reaction score
Item Name: FS Sawstop Safety Table Saw

Zip Code: 31560

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: $3000

Caliber: 3hp

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: With over 4000 amputations every year involving table saws, To this day, SawStop has never been involved in a serious table saw accident and has documented more than 5,000 "finger saves." since 2004. The owner estimates his saws are "99 percent" effective at preventing injuries.

This one is the 36" Professional version. I bought it a couple of weeks ago as I was being forcefully moved into a smaller area of my shop, to make room for my wife's motor-home. That no longer being the case, it is for sale. It's time-tested and proven safety features are legendary.

It is fully assembled and has maybe 10 minutes of run time cutting out some plywood shelves. I added a 12ga, 20ft long power chord, and an HTC mobile base so it can be moved around easily. I can load it onto a trailer. It weighs about 500lbs and is equal in quality to pre-china Rockwell and Powermatic saws.

The dust collector and out-feed table shown are used for other tools and not included.

I can load it for you

00B0B_iXaeBT3t1w8z_0uY0hq_600x450.jpg

00b0b_jqdKhzghfcKz_0uY0hq_600x450.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Whew that’s a beauty.

Is that the one that they do the hot dog test on to show you how it stops?

From what I recall it’s a chunk of change to replace the mechanism once it deploys but in the long run you
keep your hand and save tons of money from hospital bills.
Worth every penny.

Just bought 5 of these where I work. Cool thing is, not only are they safe but they are smooth and precise. Just look out for staples, tacks and whatnot. Bypass feature is handy for sure.

Whew that’s a beauty.

Is that the one that they do the hot dog test on to show you how it stops?

From what I recall it’s a chunk of change to replace the mechanism once it deploys but in the long run you
keep your hand and save tons of money from hospital bills.
Worth every penny.
Yes. If actually activated by flesh contact or when used incorrectly (they caution about wet wood which can be sawn with the safety feature turned off), it will cost about $90 for a replacement cartridge and up to $100 or more for a ruined blade. An interested buyer should consider the alternative cost of a visit to the emergency room for an amputation.

Just bought 5 of these where I work. Cool thing is, not only are they safe but they are smooth and precise. Just look out for staples, tacks and whatnot. Bypass feature is handy for sure.
Table saws don't just bite, they also "kick". This Sawstop is the first saw that I have owned with a splitter that actually works and does not hinder accuracy or efficiency. I have learned the hard way to not stand in the line of fire with any table saw. Note that this saw is assembled and ready to test drive and go. If one does get a new one, it takes 2 strong men to un-package it and stand it up, and usually three hands to assemble the rest of it.

I did the "nickle" test where I stood a nickle up on it's edge and hit the start paddle switch. It did not fall over.

My only complaint is that the stock power chord is short and although meets UL standards, is undersized to my thinking. I put a 20A rated SO chord on it with a 90 degree 5-20P plug.

Yes. If actually activated by flesh contact or when used incorrectly (they caution about wet wood which can be sawn with the safety feature turned off), it will cost about $90 for a replacement cartridge and up to $100 or more for a ruined blade. An interested buyer should consider the alternative cost of a visit to the emergency room for an amputation.

I tipped my left index finger on my grizzly cabinet saw several years ago. Just a little meat on the end, and my finger nail, no bone involved. Two stitches to patch it up. Insurance was billed of $2k for the 45 minutes I was in the ER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom