• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Gone: FS Mosin nagant

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB1989

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
75   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS Mosin nagant

Zip Code: 30220

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 180

Caliber: 7.62x54

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: mosin nagant here, numbers don't match, didn't have a rear butt plate on it or a cleaning rod when i got it, I had a spare butt plate but the holes need to be rethreaded. Gun still fires fine but locks up after each shot, just needs oiled up. I initially bought this as a project gun but don't have time for it cause of other projects. I cleaned her and oiled her up she just needs a good home who can give her all the TLC she needs to become a great shooter again, pm if interested, could trade for ammo.

Pictures:
20170220_165253-jpg.1071171

20170220_165329-jpg.1071172

20170220_165238-jpg.1071173

20170220_165220-jpg.1071174

20170220_165411-jpg.1071175

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Yeah,me too. If it's got the sticky bolt after each round fired then there's probably still some old cosmoline in the receiver where the locking lugs sit.
I cleaned the bolt after I fired it a few times, got the gunk out, not sure if it locks up anymore in just assuming it does, i cleaned it and been in my safe since

I cleaned the bolt after I fired it a few times, got the gunk out, not sure if it locks up anymore in just assuming it does, i cleaned it and been in my safe since
i would love to have it but you're on the other end of the state. I really wanted the carbine model when I bought my 91/30. I just couldn't find one anywhere.

i would love to have it but you're on the other end of the state. I really wanted the carbine model when I bought my 91/30. I just couldn't find one anywhere.
I lucked into this one, I just want the money I back that I paid for it, I know I could sell for little more even in the condition its in

I lucked into this one, I just want the money I back that I paid for it, I know I could sell for little more even in the condition its in
Yeah it's crazy what Mosins go for now. Your price is good. But I still remember buying a Chinese Type 53 at the Perry Gun Show for $69.00 back in 97. And when I worked at Roses in south Macon we sold 91/30 Mosins on sale every Sunday for $49.00. Granted those days are gone. But most of us never thought the supply of Mosins and SKSs would dry up.

Yeah it's crazy what Mosins go for now. Your price is good. But I still remember buying a Chinese Type 53 at the Perry Gun Show for $69.00 back in 97. And when I worked at Roses in south Macon we sold 91/30 Mosins on sale every Sunday for $49.00. Granted those days are gone. But most of us never thought the supply of Mosins and SKSs would dry up.
Sks I had for trade a stainless 357 snub plus 100 bucks to get it and 91/30 are easy to still get but the carbines are hard, I had a Venezuelan 7mm short rifle I sold last year and that is a hard one to get

Sticky bolt syndrome. Get a power drill, and a cleaning rod, and attach a .410 or 20g bore brush and clean the **** out of the chamber. Avoid lacquer and polymer cases ammo. Seems the newer stuff gets alot tighter in the chambers than old milsurp ammo. My mosin does this after several shots once it heats up. Once it cools down it is usually good to go for a few more shots.

do you ever find yourself up in atlanta? If i didn't have to drive halfway across the state i'd be interested, I'm just looking for some wall art for the man cave. I'm up in Cumming.

do you ever find yourself up in atlanta? If i didn't have to drive halfway across the state i'd be interested, I'm just looking for some wall art for the man cave. I'm up in Cumming.
Not alot man unless its a venue or something I go to the atl, I live right next to Newnan which is like 35 min from the airport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom