• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

It only takes a single spark to burn thousands of acres of forest...

I blame the tinder. Mostly what I had was dry, dead leaves. I did one last week at work and the grass had been mown a few days prior. That tinder bundle caught and burned well. This time, however, I got a good ember and could blow it into a great smoker but it just wouldn't combust.

I'm just glad I didn't go all gung ho and try making a bow drill set like I was thinking about. I'll work UP to that. ;)

Collect the lint from your dryer, and save it in 1 gal zip lock bags...Any petroleum product, such as lip balm is one heck of a fuel.

Not dryer lint. Hair stinks something awful when burned and we have cats. There's ALWAYS hair in the damn lint screen.

The idea today was to avoid as much modern material as possible. That's why I considered it cheating to use the paper. It's bad enough I used a magnesium bar and flint. I should be rubbing two sticks together. ;)

Not dryer lint. Hair stinks something awful when burned and we have cats. There's ALWAYS hair in the damn lint screen.

The idea today was to avoid as much modern material as possible. That's why I considered it cheating to use the paper. It's bad enough I used a magnesium bar and flint. I should be rubbing two sticks together. ;)

They make paper out of trees. You are good to go Tonto!

Back
Top Bottom