• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is the .35 Remington dead?

I'm building a Savage 35 Whelen. 2023 will mark it's 100yr anniversary. Dec.23 is the 60th anniversary of Col. Whelen's death..

I'm relatively knew to the 35cal concept. (Long time .30cal fan) After coming to realize the benefits of the larger frontal area, Sectional density, and efficiency of almost every single cartridge based around the .35cal bullet.. I've become a big fan.

I'm currently wanting to build a 14.5" (pin & weld for 16") .358 WIN on an AR10 platform. 17Design and Brownells offer an integrated folding lower. Now that'd be a slick little go get'r!

I've only met one trader who's had a 35 Rem. I don't know that any cartridge ever really dies.. it might become less abundant in times of high demand, but eventually it will get back around to being readily available. From my short time on this earth I've come to realize most things operate in a circular cycle. Long Live the 35's!

My understanding is the gunmaker comes up the the new rifle and caliber then bring the ammo maker on board ? Ammo maker will make what sells and is in high demand.

I shoot 25-06 in 100 grain. I am always on the lookout for them and buy anytime I can. I imagine 35 Rem guys do the same thing.

I love the .35 rem. It seems to remain quite popular with hunters even though ammo availability remains scarce.

I love the .35 rem. It seems to remain quite popular with hunters even though ammo availability remains scarce.

right now it is, as is almost every caliber.

The .35 Rem as been around for well over 100 years. The Marlin 336 was made by the 10's of thousands in that caliber, along with several other models and other manufacturers. While it isn't the latest to be hyped in the marketplace, it is here to stay. At least for our lifetimes. The evidence is in Hornady developing the Leverevolution round for the .35. They know the market is there to sell a lot of ammo or they wouldn't have ever tooled up to produce the round.

right now it is, as is almost every caliber.

The .35 Rem as been around for well over 100 years. The Marlin 336 was made by the 10's of thousands in that caliber, along with several other models and other manufacturers. While it isn't the latest to be hyped in the marketplace, it is here to stay. At least for our lifetimes. The evidence is in Hornady developing the Leverevolution round for the .35. They know the market is there to sell a lot of ammo or they wouldn't have ever tooled up to produce the round.

Yes but .35 Rem has been fairly scarce for over 10 years. Not as bad as now, but pretty scarce.

Hornady saw a void to fill and did a good job filling it.

A couple of months ago I read that the .35 Rem will be one of the first 3 of the new Marlin rifles made since they were picked up by Ruger. I was very glad to read that. I don't think Henry, Winchester, Rossi or anyone else makes a .35.

Back
Top Bottom