• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is NASCAR Dying?

Yall noticed how they never show the crowds anymore ?
I meant the lack of crowds.......

Yeah.....

It is embarrassing.... Or at least it should be for them.

No matter how bad it gets, France will never realize that he is ****ing it all up.

People have lost interest. They are moving on to real sports-like curling.

This part of NASCAR really sickens me, NASCAR was an American sport, American car's, raced at American venues. Now I hear NASCAR is looking for other foreign manufacturers to join up in the sport!!

Well since Toyota builds more "American" cars in America with American workers than Ford Chevy or Chrysler...........

Well since Toyota builds more "American" cars in America with American workers than Ford Chevy or Chrysler...........

This is true.

I am actually a pretty big fan of the Japanese. They have been a much better trade and political partner with us than any other country in Asia (or Europe for that matter.)

NAFTA did (and is still doing) a lot of damage. We have only ourselves to blame for that.

When a guy in the US demands $40 per hour for the same thing that a Mexican will do for $7 dollars per day, it becomes hard to make the math work.

NAFTA was the most ****ed up thing this country has ever done to itself.

Yall noticed how they never show the crowds anymore ?
I meant the lack of crowds.......

I think a lot of it is people are now getting into other forms of racing. I live down the road from road Atlanta and that place is seeing WAY more people now for things like the mitti and petit

List of dirt track ovals in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Found this list of "Dirt Ovals" for anyone that's interested.

Georgia

Track Name Location Type Classes
441 Speedway Dublin 3/8 mile progressive banked clay oval Late Model, Super Street, Pure Stock, Bomber, Southern Outlaw Superstreet Series
Albany Motor Speedway Albany 1/4 mile semi-banked clay oval Late Model, Limited Sportsman, Pure Stock, Enduro, Mini Stock.
Boyd's Speedway Ringgold 1/4 mile banked dirt oval; 1/6 mile Kart track Limited Late Model, A-Hobby, B-Hobby, Pony Stock, Front Runners, Go-Karts)
Cochran Motor Speedway Cochran 1/2 mile banked clay oval Road Warrior, Cadet, Pure Stock, Sportsman, Late Model
Dixie Speedway Woodstock 3/8 mile banked clay oval Outlaw Sprint Cars, Monster Truck Nationals, Limited Late Models, Super Late Models, Crate Late Models, Bombers, Pony Stock, Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model Series, Demolition Derbies, *Cruisers*, and Thrill Shows
Golden Isles Speedway Waynesville 4/10 mile semi-banked clay oval Limited Late Model, Super Stock, Hobby Stock, E-Mod Modifieds, Powder Puff, Enduro, Spectator Races
Gordon Park Speedway Grovetown 4/10 mile high banked clay oval Limited Late Models, Super Street, Stock V-8, Four Cylinder, Road Warrior, Super and Crate Late Models, Outlaw Sprints, Big Block Modifieds, Vintage
Hartwell Speedway Hartwell 3/8 mile high banked clay oval Limited Late Model, Fastrak Late Model, Modified Street, Stock V8, Stock 4 Cylinders, Young Guns, Up Front.
Lavonia Speedway Lavonia 3/8 mile semi-banked clay oval O'Reilly Southern All-Stars, Fastrack Crate Late Models, Super Late Model, Limited Late Model, Crate Late Model, Hobby Stock, Street Stock, Enduro, 4-cylinder mini-stocks
Needmore Speedway Norman Park 3/8 mile banked dirt oval Late Models, Limiteds, Super Street, Hobby, Enduro, Old School Late Models, Southern Outlaw Superstreet Series Southern All-Stars Series
North Georgia Speedway Chatsworth 1/3 mile banked dirt oval O'Reilly Southern All-Stars, Super Late Model, Crate Late Model, Limited Late Model, Sportsman, Hobby, Pony Stock
Oglethorpe Speedway Park Pooler 5/8 mile semi banked clay oval Late Models, Street Stocks, Pure Stocks, 440, Mini Stock
Rome International Speedway Rome 1/2 mile clay oval Special Event track. Sister track of Dixie Speedway
Screven Motor Speedway Sylvania 3/8 mile clay oval Mini Sprints, Late Models, Winged Sprints World of Outlaws, Allstar Sprints, Florida Mini-Sprints, National Late Model Series, Renegades, Super Street, Stock V8, Mini Stock, Road Warrior
Senoia Raceway Senoia 3/8 mile high banked clay oval Bombers, Hobby Stocks, Mini Stock, Modified Mini Stock, B-Cadet, Late Model, USCS Sprint Cars, USCS 600 Mini Sprints
Swainsboro Raceway Swainsboro 3/8 mile semi-banked clay oval Road Warriors, Mini Stock, Pure Stock, Super Street, Crate Late Model, Part Time - Super Late Model, Sprint Cars
Toccoa Speedway Toccoa 5/16 mile high banked clay tri-oval Fastrack Crate Late Models, Super Late Model, Limited Late Model, Crate Late Model, Hobby, Modified Street, 4-cylinder, Rookie 4-cylinder & FWD
Waycross Motor Speedway Waycross 1/2 mile dirt oval Pure Stock, Super Street, Limited Sportsman, and Late Model
Winder Barrow Speedway Winder 1/4 mile clay oval Georgia Mini Sprints, Stock V8, Modified Street Stock, Limited Late Model, Hobby Stock, Modified 4 Cylinder, Stock 4 Cylinder

Yeah.....

It is embarrassing.... Or at least it should be for them.

No matter how bad it gets, France will never realize that he is ****ing it all up.

People have lost interest. They are moving on to real sports-like curling.
i actually like curling.

Nascar has been dying for years . They struggle to keep 3 manufacturers involved because 2 is the end of the sport . The cookie cutter bodies look like hell . The hard penalties for any innovation make nascar a spec series . Look at European Touring cars if you want good racing . Not to mention every car has 3 cameras so you get great views of the. action . They have a Hall of Fame and until they let Smokey in I will never darken the door. Attendance is down at all tracks , viewership is down. Look at what Nascar did when they banned rental trucks from the camping areas. They raised the cost and started the offending of the core fans . Nobody gives a crap about another 1,1/2 mile cookie cutter race track . Bring back Rockingham. Make the bodies resemble the actual car

I like racin'.
So current day NASCAR has no interest for me.
Kit car bodies and complete disregard for any creative innovations by the race teams. I've been done for the last 8 or so years.

Yup- when it was real cars going real fast, it was enjoyable, but cromoly tube frames, fake car bodies, pro built engines that are hardly available makes it all a joke.

NASCAR should return to it's roots. (Well, maybe not the moonshine running, but the Daytona days)

How many auto races use factory built production cars any more? The only thing I can think of is drifting and drag racing.

They killed Bristol when they changed the track. I used to love to watch all the beating and banging of the cars a they went around the track. there would easily be 20 cautions for wrecks during that race. Now they just run around in circles. The winner of the race come in without a scratch or dent. Boring as hell!!. Between that and all the rule changes I quite watching years ago.

Back
Top Bottom