• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is it just me?

Would you still buy the gun if you were in my shoes?

• Yes

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be the seller's advocate here. From his point of view he is probably viewing you as being to picky as he is going to be no doubt devoting a good bit of time and effort to this transaction also if you are a couple hours apart. He doesn't want to see his time wasted on being stood up by someone that shoots the gun and then decides they don't like it. That has been my greatest negative experience trading here, invest my time and gas to meet someone that was picky agreeing to a deal and then showed up only to say "well, it's not really what I want" or " would you take less for it because I would need to modify it in some fashion for it to suit me" even though it was a perfect firearm. I'm thinking his refusal for further pacification is his experience talking. If it was me you were dealing with I would have cut you lose a long time ago in the haggling process, just how I isolate myself from potential problems now days. May sound cruel, but I'm tired of wasting gas on dead end deals with people that can't take a reputable member at his word.

overall, my experience here has been positive with regards to purchases. i wouldn't hold many qualms about someone with 50+ feedbacks. if someone wanted to test fire anything they were purchasing from me, i wouldn't personally object to letting them test fire on a few conditions.

1. range time and ammo are both the buyers expense, including any range fee for my being present, you aint walking off with my gear.
2. i'll let you put a mag or two through it, but we aint gonna sit there and pop off 1,000 rounds.
3. once it has been shown to perform properly, you purchase the weapon.

if i was spending thousands, yes, i would want to test fire, other than that, most of what's on here are pretty common.

This ^^^

If I advertise a firearm as good to go then I have nothing to hide. You pay all the fees and your more to welcome to put a few through it BUT WHEN IT CHECKS OUT YOU NEED TO BUY IT.

I've been offered to meet at a range before I bought something but I declined. I have never asked to do so.

As someone else said "You pays your money and you takes your chances". Hey at lest its better than a pawn shop because you can talk to the owner and ask questions before you drag it home.

I'm going to be the seller's advocate here. From his point of view he is probably viewing you as being to picky as he is going to be no doubt devoting a good bit of time and effort to this transaction also if you are a couple hours apart. He doesn't want to see his time wasted on being stood up by someone that shoots the gun and then decides they don't like it. That has been my greatest negative experience trading here, invest my time and gas to meet someone that was picky agreeing to a deal and then showed up only to say "well, it's not really what I want" or " would you take less for it because I would need to modify it in some fashion for it to suit me" even though it was a perfect firearm. I'm thinking his refusal for further pacification is his experience talking. If it was me you were dealing with I would have cut you lose a long time ago in the haggling process, just how I isolate myself from potential problems now days. May sound cruel, but I'm tired of wasting gas on dead end deals with people that can't take a reputable member at his word.

I can understand that. I guess we each see things through our own lens of experience. Having never been a seller that never really crossed my mind. In my eyes, I am driving a fair distance (I am meeting in his city) to get the gun so there would be more incentive for me to not back out of the deal. I didn't care if the seller or I shot it, I just wanted to see it function before dropping the cash. Like I've said though, now that I know that this is not the norm its not that big of a deal.

Sounds reasonable. I guess my biggest problem with it was that it seemed so counter intuitive in my mind to not see it work before buying it. I am from a rural area so if I was selling a firearm to someone I could take them in my backyard and let them shoot off a few rounds so that they could see everything is in working order. Now that I know that its not the norm here, I guess its not really a big deal but my initial gut reaction to him saying no to me firing it first just seemed really strange.

nobody on here wants the purchaser to be uncomfortable with a transaction and if it's something you're not comfortable with, i think both of you will benefit if you take a pass. there will be another one coming along sooner or later.

and... no offense nadroj1485 nadroj1485 , we were all new once BUT with 5 post and 0 feedback some people might not take you seriously. Some are going to balk at any special request you make, all the more so coming from a newbe and wanting to test fire is a special request around here.

That is kind of the point of my post. I didn't realize this was a special request when I made it, hence my apprehension with going forward with the deal. I now see the error of my ways :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom