• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is it just me?

Would you still buy the gun if you were in my shoes?

• Yes

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind paying the fees to ensure the gun works. I know its not an absolute guarantee its not a dud but it seems rather cheap insurance when paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars for a weapon. Obviously I now realize I am in the minority for this opinion.

I guess in my mind I just have a general distrust of people (more specifically people on the internet) so I try to be as cautious as possible before dipping my toes into the water so to speak. I've seen plenty of problems with firearms that you wouldn't know existed simply by working the action. There could be headspace problems, maybe it jams every 3rd round, etc. etc.
Just buy you a Glock and you don't have to worry about it not working. :peep:

Look like you will stay 0 0 0

Good group here, better than most.

Well I wouldn't have posted if I wasn't open to changing my mind. I really do want that gun, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being stupid and about to get ripped off first. It definitely eases my mind to know that its not normal for people to see guns work before purchasing.

Well I wouldn't have posted if I wasn't open to changing my mind. I really do want that gun, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being stupid and about to get ripped off first. It definitely eases my mind to know that its not normal for people to see guns work before purchasing.
I've bought a few off here before my boating accident and everyone of them shot quite well. This is a better than Craigslist site. The bad apples get weeded out pretty quick. After seeing a few negitive feedbacks you know who is worth dealing with and who isnt.

I wouldn't mind paying the fees to ensure the gun works. I know its not an absolute guarantee its not a dud but it seems rather cheap insurance when paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars for a weapon. Obviously I now realize I am in the minority for this opinion.

I guess in my mind I just have a general distrust of people (more specifically people on the internet) so I try to be as cautious as possible before dipping my toes into the water so to speak. I've seen plenty of problems with firearms that you wouldn't know existed simply by working the action. There could be headspace problems, maybe it jams every 3rd round, etc. etc.

overall, my experience here has been positive with regards to purchases. i wouldn't hold many qualms about someone with 50+ feedbacks. if someone wanted to test fire anything they were purchasing from me, i wouldn't personally object to letting them test fire on a few conditions.

1. range time and ammo are both the buyers expense, including any range fee for my being present, you aint walking off with my gear.
2. i'll let you put a mag or two through it, but we aint gonna sit there and pop off 1,000 rounds.
3. once it has been shown to perform properly, you purchase the weapon.

if i was spending thousands, yes, i would want to test fire, other than that, most of what's on here are pretty common.

overall, my experience here has been positive with regards to purchases. i wouldn't hold many qualms about someone with 50+ feedbacks. if someone wanted to test fire anything they were purchasing from me, i wouldn't personally object to letting them test fire on a few conditions.

1. range time and ammo are both the buyers expense, including any range fee for my being present, you aint walking off with my gear.
2. i'll let you put a mag or two through it, but we aint gonna sit there and pop off 1,000 rounds.
3. once it has been shown to perform properly, you purchase the weapon.

if i was spending thousands, yes, i would want to test fire, other than that, most of what's on here are pretty common.

Sounds reasonable. I guess my biggest problem with it was that it seemed so counter intuitive in my mind to not see it work before buying it. I am from a rural area so if I was selling a firearm to someone I could take them in my backyard and let them shoot off a few rounds so that they could see everything is in working order. Now that I know that its not the norm here, I guess its not really a big deal but my initial gut reaction to him saying no to me firing it first just seemed really strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom