• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is it just me?

Would you still buy the gun if you were in my shoes?

• Yes

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 20.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a risk you run when buying used guns. I have bought many with no problems though. Good to see more Dublin people here

What are you hoping to get out of taking it to a range for a test drive ? Does it have to not only fire, but be accurate within a certain spec as well ? Who furnishes the ammo, who pays the range fees ?

My view of this is, if you don't know enough about the gun you are looking at to be able to tell if it's in working order just by looking at it and working the action, maybe you should only buy new guns from a store. (I'm not talking about you great white) I have never "test" fired a gun before buying. And I have never been duped on one either.

I'm with the seller on this one. Good luck on your next try.

i.imgur.com_fVx8xzz.gif

LMAO, I'm saving that one for later use.....

What are you hoping to get out of taking it to a range for a test drive ? Does it have to not only fire, but be accurate within a certain spec as well ? Who furnishes the ammo, who pays the range fees ?
I wouldn't mind paying the fees to ensure the gun works. I know its not an absolute guarantee its not a dud but it seems rather cheap insurance when paying hundreds or even thousands of dollars for a weapon. Obviously I now realize I am in the minority for this opinion.

My view of this is, if you don't know enough about the gun you are looking at to be able to tell if it's in working order just by looking at it and working the action, maybe you should only buy new guns from a store. (I'm not talking about you great white) I have never "test" fired a gun before buying. And I have never been duped on one either.

I'm with the seller on this one. Good luck on your next try.

I guess in my mind I just have a general distrust of people (more specifically people on the internet) so I try to be as cautious as possible before dipping my toes into the water so to speak. I've seen plenty of problems with firearms that you wouldn't know existed simply by working the action. There could be headspace problems, maybe it jams every 3rd round, etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom