• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is buying an AR15 with the full intent of reselling it a STRAW SALE?

Why worry about a paper trail when "I'll take it " is pretty much permenant on this site.emails last forever on a hard drive.

An "I'll take it" on a listing doesn't mean you got it. I've had people post "I'll take it" then pm me some ridiculous offer, or back out, etc. I've also had people post "I'll take it!" after it was SPM with another member. The feedback system even still isn't full proof as evidence since anyone can post anything for an item or not. The feedback system isn't directly tied to a payment system or even a sale. Which brings up a pet peeve of mine...sellers posting "SPM to such and such member". Why would you do that? SMH

Sorta like a confirmation pm, good evidence for later if a neg is necessary plus it motivates buyers not to back out since all the ODT can see it.

Still not a fan of it and even that, buyers still back out. Latest I had was 90 mins before our meet when i received the text, "my truck broke down, I won't be able to afford your $450 gun". I'd prefer buyers to just be honest and say "I'm sorry I changed my mind or My wife would kill me if I spent her money", etc.

Still not a fan of it and even that, buyers still back out. Latest I had was 90 mins before our meet when i received the text, "my truck broke down, I won't be able to afford your $450 gun". I'd prefer buyers to just be honest and say "I'm sorry I changed my mind or My wife would kill me if I spent her money", etc.
What if his truck really did break down?

What if his truck really did break down?

Exactly...that's why I'm always forgiving, extending grace and even offering to help repair their broken down truck since I'm a Motörhead. I always extend the benefit of the doubt. I don't post negative feedback for that.

The intent would have to be proven.

Who is to say that said person doesn't decide 5 minutes after buying that he has decided he didn't want it?

Proving intent is always difficult. That's why DA's offices drop so many cases. It's not because your innocent. The DA just knows that proving the case will be too tough sometimes.

Last edited:
The intent would have to be proven.

Who is to say that said person doesn't decide 5 minutes after buying that he has decided he didn't want it?

Proving intent is always difficult. That's why DA's offices drop so many cases. It's not because your innocent. The DA just knows that proving the case will be too tough sometimes.

A case in Chattanooga A guy buys a gun at a gun show from a private individual and uses it to kill Officer Tim Chapin. The seller was of the gun was caught and did nothing wrong selling the gun until his computer was confinscated. Long story short he is turning in about 350 firearms and I am pretty sure he was convicted of dealing without a FFL. Now they are in the process of tracking down and confinscating all guns that he sold. Just saying

Back
Top Bottom