iphone question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRETTBELK

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
104   0
Reaction score
ok guys so i am a contractor for the power company in DC. i have two dumpsters on my job site (on a military base) the other day a bunch of the army guys were moving apartments and throwing stuff out (good uniforms we paid for, working tube tvs, furniture, etc.) anyways, i threw some paperwork in this morning and at lunch realized i needed some of it. while dumpster diving i find an iphone 4. the glass is shattered but all intact. ive researched the glass replacement which can be done relatively cheap. i plugged it up and it works fine. its just like it is when you first get it, asking for language country and then plug into itunes. so basically for less than $40 i can have this thing like new. my question to you is would it be worth my time? can i ever use it or sell it? im sure the kid who had it broke the glass ordered a new one and chunked this one. i just wonder if when i go to connect it will it come up lost or stolen and be no good? anything will help

Depends on the Porvider. You can open up the Sim card slot and check the service provider. They can tell you if there is a out standing debt on the ESN/Phone. and still if so you can Jailbreak the phone to work on any service witha sim card. so if you want a Iphone and are willing to go through the process of replacing the $100.00 Glass which is extremely detailed and you have to do this from the back of the phone. It may be worth it to you GLW repair!

If the screen is the only problem, it would definitely be worth fixing. I fix them all the time, and can't see the difference between new and repaired.

Depends on the Porvider. You can open up the Sim card slot and check the service provider. They can tell you if there is a out standing debt on the ESN/Phone. and still if so you can Jailbreak the phone to work on any service witha sim card. so if you want a Iphone and are willing to go through the process of replacing the $100.00 Glass which is extremely detailed and you have to do this from the back of the phone. It may be worth it to you GLW repair!

i have a buddy who repairs them on the side who said he could do it for less the $40 so maybe itll be worth the time. thanks man

If it's GSM (ATT) then you can use it. Put your SIM in it. Verizon on the other hand has to have it "released" by the previous owner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom