• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

IPhone 5 went to crap

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
I've had an Iphone 5 for about a year and half. I got it used off the ODT from a great member and its been a perfect phone...UNTIL the 9.0 series of updates. The first one (I guess it was about 6-8 weeks ago or thereabouts) transformed the phone to a Win 3.1 equivalent. Its like the processor blew up and doesn't even make an attempt at keeping up with finger swipes, texts or app opening. It also does super weird things like volume adjustments when opening the Google app, home screen/apps become inverted on the screen and will not aright themselves plus several other things I can't recall at the moment. Its also locked up completely several times where it would not respond until I locked the screen and then opened it back up. I've tried every single online recommendation in an attempt to revive her with no success or improvement. I've even done a factory reset and she's back to her old ways. Is it toast? Time to move on? This is my first Apple product and after this, will probably be my last.

This latest update has ruined my 4S. Everything was fine then it started acting up because my apps weren't up to date so i finally gave in and did the update. Now it takes me 10 minutes to type a sentence because it keeps slowing down and missing the keys i try to type. This thing has gone to garbage.

This latest update has ruined my 4S. Everything was fine then it started acting up because my apps weren't up to date so i finally gave in and did the update. Now it takes me 10 minutes to type a sentence because it keeps slowing down and missing the keys i try to type. This thing has gone to garbage.

I've come extremely close to having a 50 ton hydraulic press experiment at work with my phone. But its my only phone...

I have turned auto updates off and refuse to update my ipad for this very reason. They are intentionally "enhancing" the OS that cripples or bricks devices, in order to drive new sales since they have reached market saturation, and its the only way to keep the APPL share price from collapsing.

I have turned auto updates off and refuse to update my ipad for this very reason. They are intentionally "enhancing" the OS that cripples or bricks devices, in order to drive new sales since they have reached market saturation, and its the only way to keep the APPL share price from collapsing.

Ya its the circle of life. I decided to turn off my updates after it was too late :frusty:

Back
Top Bottom