• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a general sense, it helps if you participate in conversations on the board. As you'll see, I don't have a high reputation count, but there was no problem in setting up and executing on the trades I wanted within a few weeks of joining.

If your only interactions on the site are for trading, people won't even get an informal idea of what your reputation might be, and so they tend to be cautious. That's just the way of the world.

As a low-reputation-score participant, expect that if you want to trade, you'll have to do all the travel and make sure you turn up, pay what you agreed to pay, etc. While many ODTers are quite prepared to haggle a bit on prices, don't expect to have much success if you try and beat them down too much. There are few registered charities on here.

Also, if you and someone else with a higher reputation score are in competition for an item on offer, most ODTers will prefer to trade with the higher reputation, if all other things are equal. Them's the breaks.

It also helps to understand that a lot of the regulars on here can be total pricks at times, and that's just their idea of fun. ODT's not for sissies.

this feedback system favors old gun nuts only.
Don't think so. It can work for and against you, until you have done a few deals. Helps keep the scammers and flakes out, but can also make it harder on good members trying to get started. I gave stuff away to get a few positive deals early on and then started buying & selling.

Same here on slow sales, it's not just you. I have cut prices on all my recent items in order to get items to move. Just the market we're in.

Start posting in the forums a lot, so people will get used to seeing you and may get more comfortable buying your stuff. Being a supporter might help show you're here to stay....

and the horse you rode in on.jpg

Buy this and shut them up lol

You will be fine, everyone was new in the beginning, I have done 5 deals with new guys and got stood up 1 time, you cannot be thin skinned here on ODT, if you get a chance make it to some Greet n Meet, or Trade and SWAP Meetings its a great way to meet people from ODT. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom