• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interweb firearms records hacked

Correct me if Im wrong. But I was under the impression that the legal firearms of the Elite Limey folks in question who could be affected by such a security breach are kept at what I will refer to as a "Library" type establishment where the legal owners of said firearms must " check out" or "borrow" their own personal property(said firearm)from said Govt. Facility( Library), and must have said Firearm back to said Govt Facility by a certain pre determined time(curfew)(similar to teenage dating and maintenance of virginity). Seems to me if, my understanding is even close to being at all accurate, those dumb asses deserve anything that comes their way due to said breech of security, for letting a Government have the power to apply these absurdities to the law abiding firearms owners to begin with. And the moral to this insanity is?...........
That is not at all correct. Gun owners in Britain can store their firearms at their homes.

Certain parts of Britain, the Isle of Man is the one that comes to mind, has substantially less stringent laws regarding firearms ownership and possession.

Not any longer. Depends on where you buy I guess. Last two transactions at Quiet Riot had to fill out the form on a laptop.

There's a bunch of places that use laptops or computers to fill out 4473s.

There's a couple of reasons, if you just think about how bad a lot of people's handwriting is you can see why handwritten 4473s can be a problem for FFLs. They also can copy-paste your info if you did one in the system before, which can save time.

Mainly though it's to make sure that each one is filled out according to ATF regs. Training employees on the ins and outs of the 4473 can take time, and any mistakes can lose an FFL their license. Rather than have every employee be a 4473 expert, the software can verify that everything is the way the ATF wants to see it.

They still have to be printed out and stored as paper though. That's one of the things the 'ghost gun' rule is trying to change, but as of now they don't keep a digital version of the form.

Just another reason you should be commenting on the 'ghost gun' rule site and contacting politicians. Having these forms in digital format would make creating a database way too easy.

Back
Top Bottom