• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Interesting press from rcbs

Looks like an adaptation of the old Hollywood line. They were excellent products.

At $269.95 that's in the Forster neighborhood, What benefits does the new RCBS offer? Just because it's different what about it makes it better? "A massive two inch ram", so what? I have made very accurate ammo on a Lee with a less than one inch ram. "Zerk fittings". I use a needle oiler filled with ballistol on my lee, two drops and it's smooth as silk. What does a $269.95 RCBS do that a $30.00 Lee doesn't do other than lighten your wallet? Different? What advantage is provided by lowering a die onto a casing as opposed to raising a casing into the die? $269.95? I see this going the way of the RCBS "Green Machine" a colossal flop.

At $269.95 that's in the Forster neighborhood, What benefits does the new RCBS offer? Just because it's different what about it makes it better? "A massive two inch ram", so what? I have made very accurate ammo on a Lee with a less than one inch ram. "Zerk fittings". I use a needle oiler filled with ballistol on my lee, two drops and it's smooth as silk. What does a $269.95 RCBS do that a $30.00 Lee doesn't do other than lighten your wallet? Different? What advantage is provided by lowering a die onto a casing as opposed to raising a casing into the die? $269.95? I see this going the way of the RCBS "Green Machine" a colossal flop.

You get "full frontal access". Some guys pay big bucks for that, and more if you get access to the back as well. To bad that isn't a feature, guess they wanted to keep it classy.

I think this will test the strength of the mounting surface its attached to, because of the distance between where the handle torque is applied and the base of the unit where it is mounted. If wood were the surface of the bench, I think over time it would break unless it were very thick and well supported on both sides close to the press. Of course we all know what opinions are like "arses", everybody got one, they all stink and most of them are full of shyte.

Back
Top Bottom