• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Interacting with Armed Citizens

jlw

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
19   0
Reaction score
I have received numerous requests for me to teach my Interacting with Armed Citizens class to the general public. I will be doing so on on 1/10/15 in Oconee County from 9:30AM-12:30PM. Admission is $15.00 per person.

Tickets are available here.

Please read the event details carefully.

Last edited:
Sounds like an awesome class. As a firearms industry retailer, instructor, legal weapons carry, manufacturer, soon to be local LEO (hopefully) I think this class would be very beneficial to any and all that are involved in our lifestyle. No I dont know the instructor, no Im npt agreeing with everything. However, why not do as your supposed to with every training class. Attend with open ears and use what you need. Discard the rest.

What does "uses a search and seizure approach" mean?

I'm assuming since he references the 4th right before that the focus is when you can and can't legally disarm a citizen?

That is part of it, but the class is more than that. Any seizure of a person and or their stuff is governed under the 4th Amendment.

This kind of class is great, especially the ones marketed to LEO's.

On a RELATED NOTE about educating certain classes of professionals about the rights of armed citizens...

I've thought about the potential problem of armed private security guards, and money truck guards, over-reacting to seeing armed citizens in public, too.
That wouldn't have much to do with the Fourth Amendment, but it could involve both criminal law and tort law if some armed guard pulls a gun on Joe Blow Citizen (who was either openly carrying or lazy "concealed" carrying and the guard spotted the gun or the holster). If the armed guard assumed that only cops can carry guns off-duty and in plain street clothes, and this armed citizen didn't look like a cop, the armed guard might jump to the conclusion that he's a robber.

Anyhow, good luck with the class. Thanks for doing all that you do to educate folks about laws and tactics.

This kind of class is great, especially the ones marketed to LEO's.

On a RELATED NOTE about educating certain classes of professionals about the rights of armed citizens...

I've thought about the potential problem of armed private security guards, and money truck guards, over-reacting to seeing armed citizens in public, too.
That wouldn't have much to do with the Fourth Amendment, but it could involve both criminal law and tort law if some armed guard pulls a gun on Joe Blow Citizen (who was either openly carrying or lazy "concealed" carrying and the guard spotted the gun or the holster). If the armed guard assumed that only cops can carry guns off-duty and in plain street clothes, and this armed citizen didn't look like a cop, the armed guard might jump to the conclusion that he's a robber.

Anyhow, good luck with the class. Thanks for doing all that you do to educate folks about laws and tactics.

I've been there. I was working armored trucks when I left the Marines in the NY metropolitan area. Was the guard on a route new to me and was told by the driver and custodian that this was the very worst stop the company had.

I noticed the guy working on his car with the dirty tee shirt that looked like he hadn't shaved in a couple of days as we walked in.

Imagine my surprise as he walked in with what appeared to be a semi automatic pistol being held by the barrel wrapped in a plastic grocery bag in his left hand. He had my brothers S&W .357 with the 6" barrel pointed at him when I shouted. He did everything I told him to, in the order I told him to do it. A few moments after I was done shouting orders the manager yelled that he was a cop and our backup. I was pissed, I almost shot a good guy!

When I went back to the depot I called a meeting of the managers. I was still so angry they got right in the office. I told them I didn't know what kind of Mickey Mouse operation they were running and then told them what happened. Their eyes got big as dinner plates.

For the next year and a half I worked there the undercover cops would quietly identify themselves to all of us as we entered the stops. It was nice to have backup when you knew they were good guys.

So show a lot of respect for those armored truck guys for your own sake as well as theirs. It's an exhausting job watching every move and everything transpiring all day long, people are constantly reaching quickly to make sure they have their wallet or grocery lists. Cover the gun up and walk wide, you have no idea what happened to him the stop before that one. It is a tough, tough job and they're not paid well.

I could imagine that this would be a very worthwhile class!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom