• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Installing an LSD in a Tundra

H2O MAN

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
55   0
Reaction score
I am not able to install this myself, so what is a fair price to pay an experienced tech to install an Auburn LSD in my 2007 Toyota Tundra, and who would you recommend in the Athens, GA area?

I will supply the LSD, gear oil, additive, and installation kit.

8u9ytgY.jpg

Does the gen 2 years not have factory LS? I know the gen 3 does
There has not been a factory mechanical LSD in the Tundra since 2007, and we will have to wait and see what they offer in the 3rd generation when it is released. All 2nd generation Tundra 2007 to 2021 have an electronic braking system that is supposed to perform like a true LSD / POSI, but it does not.

There has not been a factory mechanical LSD in the Tundra since 2007, and we will have to wait and see what they offer in the 3rd generation when it is released.
Gen 3 started in 2014. My 2014 has auto LS which is brake operated. Was curious if the ‘07 did and how they would work together.

Gen 3 started in 2014. My 2014 has auto LS which is brake operated. Was curious if the ‘07 did and how they would work together.
The Tundra is still on Gen 2, and all of them have the same fake LSD system. 2014 was a refresh, but it remains a 2nd Gen truck... Gen 2.5 if you will. Bottom line, none of them a factory mechanical LSD from the factory.

2007.jpg

Back
Top Bottom