• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Installing an LSD in a Tundra

Agreed, but the pattern is going to be the pattern if they actually use a dial and reinstall to the original backlash if done correctly. Otherwise you're going to run into NVH issues and likely wear the gear set prematurely. If I'm being honest, unless it's extreme high mileage or has existing problems such as needing a seal, I wouldn't even remove the pinion. Just measure backlash before removing and reinstall to previous specs with as much preload on the drive side as possible. Once a gear set is worn, that's where it wants to ride.
Seem like we have a winner. You should do it for him and make a little side change..

Agreed, but the pattern is going to be the pattern if they actually use a dial and reinstall to the original backlash if done correctly. Otherwise you're going to run into NVH issues and likely wear the gear set prematurely. If I'm being honest, unless it's extreme high mileage or has existing problems such as needing a seal, I wouldn't even remove the pinion. Just measure backlash before removing and reinstall to previous specs with as much preload on the drive side as possible. Once a gear set is worn, that's where it wants to ride.

There are no leaks, and I don't think 300,000 miles is extreme for a Toyota.

I can't find a reputable shop in my area to install this kit...
If a fellow ODT member is interested in buying the complete kit, shoot me a message.

Thanks.
IMG_8510 (2).JPG

Just seeing this , but we are in Gainesville and have built several differentials. We take no shortcuts and do everything correctly, we always use dial indicators and set backlash according to spec and so forth. We have completed a few projects for other ODT members, let me know if you change your mind or want references.

Back
Top Bottom