• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Insomnia cures?

I too have tried it all. Alcohol intensifies my insomnia and makes me jittery will lying in bed. I have tried melatonin and it really didn't work that great (helped me get to sleep, but not stay asleep) it also gave me wierd dreams. The wife and I had some samples of ambien given to use years ago when we lived in Perry.....That stuff WORKED! They were little white pills that tasted like sugar that you put under your tongue. They knocked us completely out. Felt great the next day too.

I have a pretty sedentary job so my activity level is pretty low during the day. I can walk a few miles a days and still not make it through the night. I start feeling tired around 6-7 PM and I'm in bed about 10-10:15. I awake at 0200-0300 almost every night (Morning). I hate it.

I have sleep apnea, but have never used the machine. I got tested twice and they said it was bad. I just wanna sleep well.

I too have tried it all. Alcohol intensifies my insomnia and makes me jittery will lying in bed. I have tried melatonin and it really didn't work that great (helped me get to sleep, but not stay asleep) it also gave me wierd dreams. The wife and I had some samples of ambien given to use years ago when we lived in Perry.....That stuff WORKED! They were little white pills that tasted like sugar that you put under your tongue. They knocked us completely out. Felt great the next day too.

I have a pretty sedentary job so my activity level is pretty low during the day. I can walk a few miles a days and still not make it through the night. I start feeling tired around 6-7 PM and I'm in bed about 10-10:15. I awake at 0200-0300 almost every night (Morning). I hate it.

I have sleep apnea, but have never used the machine. I got tested twice and they said it was bad. I just wanna sleep well.
You really should use the machine. It takes some getting used to but it does help not just with sleeping but your overall health.

I have the worst insomnia on the planet
I have been on this site between 2 and 5a.m. for years. I have take some heavy duty crap to sleep and still that doesn't work half the time. Been that way for years. At least with the sleep meds I have half a chance. It's still bad. I don't wish this crap on anyone. It's like working the nightshift. Up all night and maybe catch a nap every 3 or four days. Like last night I went to bed a 1:00 a.m. and woke up at 4:00. Snapped up out of bed with eyes bigger than a doe.

I just do generic Ambien. Usually I fall asleep fine. Usually. If not I take a half Ambien. But my 2-4 trips a night to the bathroom often have me using a half once or twice to go back to sleep. If not I can read for hours.

I just do generic Ambien. Usually I fall asleep fine. Usually. If not I take a half Ambien. But my 2-4 trips a night to the bathroom often have me using a half once or twice to go back to sleep. If not I can read for hours.
I can relate to that as well. My prostate has to be size of a basketball.

Back
Top Bottom