• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

indoor range

Seen that look before on someone as well. I've also seen some of the worse shooting there before too. Holy crap do people need to slow down and work on the basics. The target is about 5 yards away and its just holes all over the place with no particular grouping at all. I think its just the "hey, look at me shoot really fast!". Those kinda people scare me. When I go, I get in and get out. I probably send a total of 10 minutes shooting 100-150 rounds. Just empty the mag and reload... and repeat until all the ammo is gone.:)

The only reason I go is because it's the most convenient place to hit at lunch, when I'm in that area. And yeah, I've seen the types you're talking about and they are quite scary. The other ones I see a lot of are the ones that load up over by the bench near the window, chamber a round and then stroll across to their lane to shoot. All the while, their muzzle is going every which way.

Mtber1172:671708 said:
Seen that look before on someone as well. I've also seen some of the worse shooting there before too. Holy crap do people need to slow down and work on the basics. The target is about 5 yards away and its just holes all over the place with no particular grouping at all. I think its just the "hey, look at me shoot really fast!". Those kinda people scare me. When I go, I get in and get out. I probably send a total of 10 minutes shooting 100-150 rounds. Just empty the mag and reload... and repeat until all the ammo is gone.:)

The only reason I go is because it's the most convenient place to hit at lunch, when I'm in that area. And yeah, I've seen the types you're talking about and they are quite scary. The other ones I see a lot of are the ones that load up over by the bench near the window, chamber a round and then stroll across to their lane to shoot. All the while, their muzzle is going every which way.

Seen that too. Or when someone hands another person a loaded weapon. I'm no firearms instructor but anytime I go with someone I show them how to load the weapon without ammo then let them do it with me behind. Too many things can go wrong passing a loaded weapon from one person to another.

you would be surprised at how many people come in to rent guns, ammo which can add up very quickly, especially if it's a machine gun you rent.

I haven't rented anything full auto yet because I will become addicted ...

End the end though, I'm really glad Bullseye is there because it is a nice little shop, it's very convenient for me. Prices aren't too bad and they have stepped up on the service too.

I use the sandy springs gun range/club. I believe they charge 20 for all day shooting. I want to say they have 18 lanes, though I may be wrong about that. It is more than 15 as I was on lane 15 today!
The place is very well ventilated and well lit. The staff is also great. Give them a shot!

I use the sandy springs gun range/club. I believe they charge 20 for all day shooting. I want to say they have 18 lanes, though I may be wrong about that. It is more than 15 as I was on lane 15 today!
The place is very well ventilated and well lit. The staff is also great. Give them a shot!
I agree (by the way $19 for all day and there is also a special lunchtime rate...16 lanes).

Most places have memberships as well, I know mine does. Something like $200 - $220 for the year which is pretty damn good. I much prefer shooting outside but sometimes I just dont have the time or the weather sucks and I still want to shoot. I agree with some of the comments above though, some of the other folks I have seen at the indoor range have been very questionable. I make sure I am aware of who is shooting near me and watch them for a minute or two to be sure they are not unsafe. As a matter of fact, I was there yesterday and watched a guy shooting a Glock from about 10 feet, and struggled to keep the spread inside the silhouette.

I shoot at Quickshot at least once a week. I am a member, which makes it affordable, but it is probably the most expensive membership around. Non-member fees are $18/hr/person, which is high, hence the membership...

How they make money? Lots and lots of customers and full auto rentals. The place is packed on the weekends and afternoons. I've heard the lunch crowd is good too. The full auto rentals have to be a money maker. You have to buy their ammo to shoot their guns, which I can understand. Their Kris Vector eats +$20/box .45acp fast and puts a smile on everyones face that shoots it. The short barrell AR ain't no joke either...

I like shooting outdoors better, but for me it is a long drive to any reasonable outdoor range. I also have to battle traffic after work which means getting to one before dark is a challenge. The indoor range is 5-10min away and I can make it there after work, when it is raining or whenever. Like they say in retail, the three most important things you can have is location, location & location.

Last edited:
Hey Cams, since you're from Americus, the closest one to you would be Solo Archery here in Albany. It's quite small and ridiculously expensive though.
It only has three shooting lanes, and it's $15 per hour. I go to the open range out in Chickasawkatchee instead.

The only other indoor range i've been to is Bullseye in Lawrenceville. It's $5 for first half hour, $8 for whole hour, and they rent out full autos there.

Back
Top Bottom