• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I'm not just here for the beer.....so to speak.

I started using this site because I was looking for .22lr. (Standing in line at wal-mart a few years ago, lamenting the lack of .22 and a guy in line in front of me told me about the site.)

I am not a big buyer or trader. I've been to one M&G. I enjoy reading about the topics here and looking at the pictures of pistols. I own 6 total pistols, one shotgun and one rifle (in the market for another rifle), so I'm not a heavy buyer/trader.

I've received good advice here and enjoy the banter. I didn't know there was such a forum as BW (on the ODT) and I sort of wish I didn't know it existed (from what I've read here). But I enjoy coming to this site and chatting and I've done a few trades.

I think I would be upset with my husband if I came up behind him and he was ogling women on the computer. It does hurt a wife's feelings when her man goes looking for pictures and videos of other women.

Just my 2 cents. But much love for my fellow ODTers!

Welcome. Not to worry if they look at the menu, as long as thery don`t order.

I started using this site because I was looking for .22lr. (Standing in line at wal-mart a few years ago, lamenting the lack of .22 and a guy in line in front of me told me about the site.)

I am not a big buyer or trader. I've been to one M&G. I enjoy reading about the topics here and looking at the pictures of pistols. I own 6 total pistols, one shotgun and one rifle (in the market for another rifle), so I'm not a heavy buyer/trader.

I've received good advice here and enjoy the banter. I didn't know there was such a forum as BW (on the ODT) and I sort of wish I didn't know it existed (from what I've read here). But I enjoy coming to this site and chatting and I've done a few trades.

I think I would be upset with my husband if I came up behind him and he was ogling women on the computer. It does hurt a wife's feelings when her man goes looking for pictures and videos of other women.

Just my 2 cents. But much love for my fellow ODTers!
You're probably like most I would imagine. Without 'casual' traders like that this site would be non existent.
The problem with the BW is a lot of topics get moved to there from other sections (sometimes not really sure why) so if you follow a discussion you wind up in the BW. I never even look at what forum I'm in as I usually just scan 'new posts' and occasionally get surprised by a pic in a thread but then see it's in the BW. I'm more concerned about my 12 year old seeing some of the inappropriateness (for a site that claims to be 'family friendly').

nude_santa.gif
I am nude now.

about spouses getting upset about lookin something online,i feel is just jealousy.
I am by far the least jealous wife u could ever meet, it wouldn't hurt my feelings,but mabey im not normal,or mabey its just that"FREE LUVIN"kinda vibe that I am.....IDK

You're probably like most I would imagine. Without 'casual' traders like that this site would be non existent.
The problem with the BW is a lot of topics get moved to there from other sections (sometimes not really sure why) so if you follow a discussion you wind up in the BW. I never even look at what forum I'm in as I usually just scan 'new posts' and occasionally get surprised by a pic in a thread but then see it's in the BW. I'm more concerned about my 12 year old seeing some of the inappropriateness (for a site that claims to be 'family friendly').
Don't you still have to SUBSCRIBE/ask for permission for access to BW? If so, and you go, well, thar ya go. The onus is on you to to use due diligence in what is viewed or not.

Last edited:
Don't you still have to SUBSCRIBE/ask for permission for access to BW? If so, and you go, well, thar ya go. The honus is on you to to use due diligence in what is viewed or not.
Yes you do. I don't peruse forums just threads (use the 'new post features primarily'). It's easy enough to avoid threads that are titled "nekkid chicks with chocolate syrup" if you so choose it's when you get involved with a completely generic thread that gets MOVED there and people use it's relocation in that forum to immediately re-enter high school. But yes you can simply unsubscribe from the forum and not follow threads that get moved. The problem (again) is many threads get moved for no obvious reason (though I assume it's after they've been cleaned up of what got them moved in the first place).

Back
Top Bottom