• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

If your a dude an have a brother...

Thank you all for your prayers. And for those who have lost your brothers I am truly sorry for your loss. I found myself twice today picking up my phone to send my brother a text, because I wanted to talk about all the crap that was going on, only to remember he couldn't answer back.

Just to keep everyone from wondering... on January the 15 he wrapped his M3 BMW around a tree on his way home from a friend, right after he got off the phone with his wife letting her know he would be home soon to tuck their three kids in bed. Having seen the car and speaking with those who responded, my brother shouldn't even be alive.

I have told him before that I loved him, and I have told him many time since he has been the hospital the same. This really says it best...
A brothers love is a brothers love....can't be explained...only understood.

Thanks again we can really use the prayers.

I envy you all... my brother is a waste of the sperm that spawned him. We always fought and really never got along.
  • He spent 10 years in college getting a BA in ART but has NEVER held a job that uses those skills, as a matter of fact, he's never held a job longer than 6 months. He was a leach on our parents, to the point mom actually BOUGHT a second house so he had someplace to live.
  • I got a 2 year degree and have spent more than 35 years USING my degree as a software engineer. Married for 31 years, with 2 kids.
  • At my mother's funeral, he spent the entire time at the viewing playing with their 'ankle-biter' dog, even letting it pee on the carpet. When the time came I was the only one that helped carry her to her grave, he sat there acting like he was too tired to help.
  • Both my boys look to him as as an example of what NOT to become.
  • The biggest reason for my parents letting him get like that is they were ALWAYS liberals... I'm the black-sheep.
Play in the woods? Sure, he can have a bb gun, I'll bring my AR (and a dozen mags).

To Fire4Effect, I hope your brother pulls through or at least comes out of his coma long enough for you to tell him how you feel.

I envy you all... my brother is a waste of the sperm that spawned him. We always fought and really never got along.
  • He spent 10 years in college getting a BA in ART but has NEVER held a job that uses those skills, as a matter of fact, he's never held a job longer than 6 months. He was a leach on our parents, to the point mom actually BOUGHT a second house so he had someplace to live.
  • I got a 2 year degree and have spent more than 35 years USING my degree as a software engineer. Married for 31 years, with 2 kids.
  • At my mother's funeral, he spent the entire time at the viewing playing with their 'ankle-biter' dog, even letting it pee on the carpet. When the time came I was the only one that helped carry her to her grave, he sat there acting like he was too tired to help.
  • Both my boys look to him as as an example of what NOT to become.
  • The biggest reason for my parents letting him get like that is they were ALWAYS liberals... I'm the black-sheep.
Play in the woods? Sure, he can have a bb gun, I'll bring my AR (and a dozen mags).

To Fire4Effect, I hope your brother pulls through or at least comes out of his coma long enough for you to tell him how you feel.

Geez dude! That's both the saddest and funniest thing I've read all day.

Sorry to hear about your situation OP. I lost my brother when he was just 18. He would be @36 now and I know we would have been great friends. I think about him all the time and wish my kids would have had a chance to know him. I hope your brother pulls through.

Me and my brother aren't that close but I have been trying to be closer to him he knows I love him even if we never say it. He knows I'll do anything for him. Prayers to you and yours. I'm sure he knows you love him even if y'all don't say it enough.

Back
Top Bottom