• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I want a new hobby

Collecting old tools is fun.

Blacksmithing was almost a lost art but has been a bit of a comeback in the past couple years. I am getting into it a little bit and enjoy it. I have always enjoyed working with metal. I've even made a couple of crude knives, a sword and a dagger.

Woodworking is fulfilling.

What interests you?

Black smithing sounds cool. Is it expensive? How much space do you need to do it? Seems like a nice crossover if you can make the knifes wood too. Shooting takes all my limited money as is.

I've done the whole restore a car route with a 74 bronco. Great truck I regret selling it. Had to pay for school though

I'd take up golf again but I don't want it to cut into my physical training as is. Fun game though.

Sometimes I hike on the weekends too

[QUOexpensivison5000, post: 5738146, member: 50819"]Black smithing sounds cool. Is it expensive? How much space do you need to do it? Seems like a nice crossover if you can make the knifes wood too. Shooting takes all my limited money and I realize all the rest of my hobbies are physical like lifting and bike riding. I already save my money.

I've done the whole restore a car route with a 74 bronco. Great truck I regret selling it. Had to pay for school though[/QUOTE]
Not expensive but strenuous. If you don't want to exert yourself, this is not the hobby for you.

No problem with exertion. I just came to the conclusion that most of my hobbies are physical related and far down the line there's gonna be a point where I can't do them anymore. So I wanna start something else I can do for a lifetime.

What's the $ to get into black smithing?

Back
Top Bottom