• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I thought you could caryy where alcohol is served...

Completely up to owner/management. If they feel uncomfortable and ask you to leave because of a firearm you are to do so in Respectful manner as to not make other Gun Carry Permit holders look bad.

Completely up to owner/management. If they feel uncomfortable and ask you to leave because of a firearm you are to do so in Respectful manner as to not make other Gun Carry Permit holders look bad.

He was not arrested for trespass. Te chief of police obviously does NOT know current laws (nor the arresting officer as I doubt the chief was there and did it himself). I also see nothing in the law about being respectful and not making other's look bad either. HOWEVER I agree people should act civilly.

First hand account by a poster on GeorgiaPacking.org claims the man was intoxicated. http://georgiapacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1104180#p1104180

It is unfortunate that this GWCL holder acted the way he did. He used poor judgement, which intoxicated people tend to do. We will have to wait for more precise information to come out to get a clearer picture as to what actually happened.

It is also unfortunate that the Rockmart Police Chief Sorrells seem to not know the current carry laws in the State of Georgia either. Hopefully this event will help enlighten him and his Police department.

false arrest ?

Good luck with that. These kinds of things never get traction.

Civilians can never use ignorance of the law as a defense but I am sure the chief will get away with it. "firearm at public gathering" Yup.

But it's O.K. for the police not to know the law?

smh

Seems to me that when he went to his car and retrived a weapon, he was looking for trouble. When I was a younger person, I found that when I went looking for trouble, it always found me

If it has not been said before, there is no 'public gathering' law in effect now. Please go to, and JOIN Georgia Carry.org. I am a member, and the organization does a tremendous amount of work to keep our gun rights intact. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom