• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I thought you could caryy where alcohol is served...

This is from the GCO website:

Q: Can I carry at Applebee’s or [insert other restaurant here]?
A: SB308 does not prohibit carry for Georgia Weapons License holders in restaurants. However, individual restaurant owners have the option of asking you to leave their establishment if they do not wish for you to carry there. Should a business owner or his agent ask you to leave while you are carrying a firearm, do so immediately, or as soon as reasonably possible. Failure to leave within a reasonable time, or refusing to leave, is a criminal offense known as “criminal trespass.” In addition, please maintain a polite demeanor so as to project a good image of yourself and other GCO members to the business owner and any witnesses even when being asked to leave.

Since Applebee's sells alcohol this implies that it is OK unless otherwise stated, am I wrong on this?

Yes, you can carry, but if you are told to leave you must leave. Also, if the establishment is an actual bar then you must have the bar OWNERS permission.

Thinking this has more to do with it than location
" that he had gotten into a confrontation with another customer; went to his vehicle and retrieved the weapon."

I'd guess he was being an asshat based on this line, "The suspect identified as Phillip Lee Woods, 41, informed the officer that he had gotten into a confrontation with another customer; went to his vehicle and retrieved the weapon." If you get in a confrontation and you're in the right in a business, why not just let the management know? I'm getting the vibe that he wanted to be Mr. Badass. I don't advocate fleeing a situation, but to leave, then come back with a gun would give me the feeling that he may not be the most rational person.

The suspect identified as Phillip Lee Woods, 41, informed the officer that he had gotten into a confrontation with another customer; went to his vehicle and retrieved the weapon
I'm pretty sure there's more to the story than prejudice on a law abiding citizen exercising his constitutional right. :rolleyes:

The Fact that he left and came back with it in the small of his back , plainly wanting everyone to see that he had it. All this following the altercation mentioned in the article . Also i am pretty sure you are able to carry in places serving alcohol as long as you are Not Drinking .

The Fact that he left and came back with it in the small of his back , plainly wanting everyone to see that he had it. All this following the altercation mentioned in the article . Also i am pretty sure you are able to carry in places serving alcohol as long as you are Not Drinking .

You can consume alcohol while carrying, discharging a firearm while drunk is illegal however.

Back
Top Bottom