I must be in the wrong business if UPS drivers are getting paid

• The average UPS driver could get $170,000 in pay and benefits in five years' time in a new contract.

"Currently, UPS drivers make an average of around $95,000 per year with an additional $50,000 in benefts"

I wonder if this is based on a 40 hour pay week or counting "OT"?

Thanks

• The average UPS driver could get $170,000 in pay and benefits in five years' time in a new contract.

"Currently, UPS drivers make an average of around $95,000 per year with an additional $50,000 in benefts"

Thanks
The UPS driver today didn't deliver until after 8:30 pm. The delivery window was 2:15 pm to 6:15 pm.

Thanks
Has to be with OT. And they do work you

The UPS driver today didn't deliver until after 8:30 pm. The delivery window was 2:15 pm to 6:15 pm.
Any other service would have marked it delivered and maybe brought it tomorrow or the next day.

That had to suck for him. Imagine not getting home until late every night. I had a friend who worked for them. Told me you just don’t plan anything during the week. You may or may not make it to dinner, school programs, ball games or church events. That is why he finally walked awY. A lot of times the trucks wouldn’t come in until late so they were late leaving that delayed everything. I’m sure in this heat they want to start as early as possible

Thanks

That’s based on the “forced OT” that the new contract does away with. UPS top tier drivers are making $42.xx an hour. The new contract gets them up to $49.xx an hour total topped out at the end of the next 5 year contract that is up for vote by its rank and file members.

I don’t work for UPS but I’m a Teamster as well and our contracts are similar, with the totality of whatever raise being spread out over the term of the contract (5 years). While the media makes it look like you’re getting a $7 raise, they leave out the fact that it’s spread out over 5 years, which is roughly 3% cost of living rate each year.

Worked at the Atlanta Hub off Fulton Industrial as an hourly employee (loader and pick-off) and primary sort aisle supervisor from 78 to 81. They're Teamsters. Management constantly had industrial engineers doing time and motion studies to optimize unload, sort, pick-off and load. Then the same engineers evaluated workers performance. It was tough as an hourly and as a supervisor. Made great money for part-time work, but it was hell.

They earn every penny. If not, they're not there long.
78-81 were the good ole days on Fulton Ind. I retired in 2008 after 36yrs. That place was a sh#t hole.

78-81 were the good ole days on Fulton Ind. I retired in 2008 after 36yrs. That place was a sh#t hole.
I worked for a guy named Johnny Marsh. He'd take us unload and primary sort aisle supervisors to HoJos after the twilight shift on Fridays and buy the beer. He always had a jar of moonshine when we went. He was one crazy fella.

Yeah. The place was a beast. I hated supervising the sort of boxline three. It was a nightmare.

I worked for a guy named Johnny Marsh. He'd take us unload and primary sort aisle supervisors to HoJos after the twilight shift on Fridays and buy the beer. He always had a jar of moonshine when we went. He was one crazy fella.

Yeah. The place was a beast. I hated supervising the sort of boxline three. It was a nightmare.
Pretty sure HR would frown upon that type of thing nowadays...

Back
Top Bottom